From IDW:

It’s official. And it only took five decades to happen. Yes, Star Trek and Doctor Who, two of the most popular and venerable franchises in entertainment history, will cross over for the first time ever in Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who: Assimilation2 #1. Set for release in May by IDW Publishing, Assimilation2 #1 – the first in a series of eight adventures -- teams up Captain Picard and the crew of the Enterprise and Doctor Who and his companions when the entire galaxy is threatened by an unholy alliance between their respective greatest nemeses, the Borg and the Cybermen.

Scott and David Tipton, in collaboration with Tony Lee, wrote Assimilation2, while J.K. Woodward provided the art and Woodward and David Messina realized the covers. The Tiptons are best known for Star Trek: Invasion, while Woodward is well respected for his work illustrating IDW’s Fallen Angel series. Variants will include a rare wrap-around photo cover and one by Joe Corroney, featuring the TARDIS crew aboard the Enterprise. Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who: Assimilation2 #1 will run 32 pages and sell for $3.99.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• While the Borg and the Cybermen are a natural team-up - the Borg being essentially re-invented Cybermen - I question the notion that the Cybermen are the Doctor's greatest nemesis.

• Will we have to read Assimilation1 first?

• But which Doctor and which companions?

• Eleven, Amy, and Rory.

Philip Portelli said:

But which Doctor and which companions?

• Go on - Have a guess....

Hopefully the second Doctor vs the Cybermen who wore sieves on their heads.

• Mark S. Ogilvie said:

That would be the Daleks, but I can't see them teaming up with anyone.  

The Baron said:

While the Borg and the Cybermen are a natural team-up - the Borg being essentially re-invented Cybermen - I question the notion that the Cybermen are the Doctor's greatest nemesis.

Well, they did ask the Doctor to take the Master's remains back to Gallifrey that time, so they aren't always psychopathic...

• ...So tis is just the present Doctor ?  :-(  Bummer .

• And hopefully Winston Churchill, and Field-Marshall Montgomery, and Sir Robert Baden Powell.

Doc Beechler (mod-MD) said:

Eleven, Amy, and Rory.

Philip Portelli said:

But which Doctor and which companions?

This reply was deleted.