Silly question really, but I don't think I've ever seen Modok sleep or have a bedroom or anything like that.

Views: 1635

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

His flying chair IS his bathroom!

Now you know why AIM guys dress like that! :-)

If he has trouble dozing off, does he count sheep with grotesquely big heads?

Imagine the size of his pillows!

I bet if he has pillows they are Ms. Marvel plushies!

I gotta wonder if there is still a guy trapped in there who misses a good beer. As I recall he once made a female Modok in a Hulk story.

MODAM.

I've always really loved the M.obile O.rganism D.esigned O.nly for K.illing (have they changed that yet?). He's my go-to "big head, little body" character, edging out Timmy from South Park.  

 

He also reminds me of Mike Myers playing his own dad in So I Married an Axe-Murderer.

Jack Kirby had a thing for drawing oversized heads. In fact, in one edition of the Jack Kirby Collector, they ran a contest to name all the oversized heads that had appeared between 1957 and 1970 or so.  There were dozens including the Golem, the Watcher, Kurgo, Ovids, Modok, Gargoil, the list went on and on...

When you ask if Modok sleeps, the same question could be made for most all of the Marvel Comics Characters.... does captain America sleep? We've only seen him try twice.  How about the FF?  We've only seen them once or twice.

Spidey?  DD?

What about using the bathroom?  We've only seen the FF shaving and bathing once and maybe the Thing in a shower twice.

Does that mean that they never use the facilities otherwise?

It would pretty boring if we had a comic that watch the hero or villain sleep for hours at a time....



Mark S. Ogilvie said:

I bet if he has pillows they are Ms. Marvel plushies!

I gotta wonder if there is still a guy trapped in there who misses a good beer. As I recall he once made a female Modok in a Hulk story.



Uvu-Lad said:

I've always really loved the M.obile O.rganism D.esigned O.nly for K.illing (have they changed that yet?). He's my go-to "big head, little body" character, edging out Timmy from South Park.  

 

He also reminds me of Mike Myers playing his own dad in So I Married an Axe-Murderer.



Kirk G said:

Jack Kirby had a thing for drawing oversized heads. In fact, in one edition of the Jack Kirby Collector, they ran a contest to name all the oversized heads that had appeared between 1957 and 1970 or so.  There were dozens including the Golem, the Watcher, Kurgo, Ovids, Modok, Gargoil, the list went on and on...

When you ask if Modok sleeps, the same question could be made for most all of the Marvel Comics Characters.... does captain America sleep? We've only seen him try twice.  How about the FF?  We've only seen them once or twice.

Spidey?  DD?

What about using the bathroom?  We've only seen the FF shaving and bathing once and maybe the Thing in a shower twice.

Does that mean that they never use the facilities otherwise?

It would pretty boring if we had a comic that watch the hero or villain sleep for hours at a time....

I think I've seen the heroes knocked out enough times to know that they sleep. In Modok's case I was just wondering how much of the man is still in him and if the man part ever sleeps while the computer part keeps going.

Best Modok Cover Ever: Marvel Adventures Avengers #9

 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service