Anybody going to Dragon Con this year? Has anyone been before?

My parents now live in Atlanta. I'll be visiting them the same weekend as Dragon Con and thought about checking it out. Just seeing if anyone would recommend it.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I went two years ago, and only regret only having one day to spend there, as it is immense. It is spread over 4-5 hotels. It took me over an hour just to get my ticket.  I believe Matt Williams still goes every year. When I went I could just never connect with him.

The size of it, is also what hurts it as well. Anything that you would expect to be well attended you would need to get in line for hours in advance.

Since you have begun gaming they have a ton of that there, and that might be neat to seek out. There is a lot to see though, and I highly recommend it.

• Thanks. I will probably just check it out Saturday. There's not a lot that particularly jumps out as a must see. I figure there'll be a lot on Saturday to look at. Plus that's when the parade is.
  • I'll be attending my first Dragon*Con this year! I am going with a veteran attendee, so I am excited about that

• Cool. Maybe I'll see you there.

• Ok so I'm in a long line right now to get in. I've seen some good costumes so far. Lots of Steam Punk, Star Trek, LOTR, Dr. who. Also a few Mario costumes as well. Saw a little kid with his parents decked out as Deadpool. Ill be doing some updates via Instagram and twitter username for both is jrm894.
  • Live updates!  Very cool!

Saw a lot of Deadpools at Fan Expo too!

• Went to the parade. Did get a great spot but managed to get some pictures. This con is massive.
  • I have a fb friend who is in Atlanta today.  He is a musician and he's down there doing some songwriting; he just posted that there's a big sci-fi convention there, he didn't know and he left his Klingon costume in Nova Scotia.

This reply was deleted.