And this is the book that did it.  Before this, I would pick up a Disney or an Archie...maybe a Batman...but this one was the first that made me go back to the drugstore next month to get the newest issue...and I was hooked.

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Byrne was long-gone from the X-Men by that point, MSA.  I came in during the Paul Smith era and Chris started during the John Romita, Jr period.

Ooh, if we're doing "First Avengers comic you can remember buying", here's mine:

Vision sorta looks like he's "voguing" there, doesn't he?

Ah, The Whizzer...perhaps the worst superhero name ever.

And, just once, he should have killed a cobra. 

My copy of Avengers Annual #6 looks exactly that bad.  I just thought it was hard livin', but maybe they all do.

Whizzer is pretty bad. I'd say Man-Thing is up there, if he counts. And I have no idea how Mr. Scarlet convinced his sidekick to call himself "Pinky."

Doc Beechler (mod-MD) said:

And, just once, he should have killed a cobra. 

Awesome!

...As far as " fandom " involvement , I trace it to - starting - buying the Ace mmpb of Lupoff/Thompson's ALL IN COLOR FOR A DIME for the earliest , going to some of the - early?? - 1973 Seulingcon for the " absolute last baptism/anointing " - ?????????

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service