I have just read and enjoyed the 'new' first volume of the Fantastic Four / FF and I feel the need to get more involevd and more informed.

I am somehat out of touch with all things 4 and have some questions, the mere asking of which may appall many of you, my fellow forum-eers,(?).

I am hoping someone will feel pity for me and help me out...here goes...

...What's with the genious moleoids (and the disembodied head of a moleoid?) what's their story?

...Clearly now, Dragon-Man is intelligent and cultured - is he the original Dragon-Man somehow evolved or someone else's personality transplanted ?

...oh, and the other geniuses around, 'Olemond' or whoever and is 'Bentley' a clone of the Wizard or something...?

...and so, now that I've got the ball rolling I can ask the really important/stupid/annoying questions...

...How come Franklin - who's been a child since before people like Vance Astrovick and Cassie Lang came along - and grew- through adolescence...- is still a child??

...and.....what's the origin of Valeria? For some reason I've always thought she was the illegitimate child of an alternate timeline Sue and Doom - but is that right?

...anyone want to play...?

Views: 664

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks everyone - I think I'm even more confused! - I thought I'd seen the Valeria was Doom's daughter somewhere and I remember Franklin coming back as an older teenager in the 'Fantastic Force' days - but I knew he'd gone back to 'young' but surely he should be growing up by now - time he was in the 'Young Avengers' or something...!?

Mark mentioned 'until after the reboot' - is that the current one - or is there another one coming up..,.?

Richard Mantle said:

Thanks everyone - I think I'm even more confused! - I thought I'd seen the Valeria was Doom's daughter somewhere and I remember Franklin coming back as an older teenager in the 'Fantastic Force' days - but I knew he'd gone back to 'young' but surely he should be growing up by now - time he was in the 'Young Avengers' or something...!?

Mark mentioned 'until after the reboot' - is that the current one - or is there another one coming up..,.?

I'm pretty sure that there will be some sort of reset after Infinity, they've been writing all sorts of time travel stuff and the writers maintain that it will catch up to everyone sooner or later. I'm keeping my distance but I read the reviews. Age of Ultron was a time travel mess with Wolvering first murdering Hank Pym, then going back and stopping himself from murdering Hank... and Bendis has hinted that Wolverine and Sue might be a couple... but that pales to Hank McCoy bringing the original X-men back from the past to try and talk some sense into the current day Scott. Now of course they don't want to go back.

Blimey! There's reboots so often why don't they just produce year-long 'limited-series' from here on in.

It's getting like a compulsive collector can't keep up!

Mark S. Ogilvie said:

I'm pretty sure that there will be some sort of reset after Infinity, they've been writing all sorts of time travel stuff and the writers maintain that it will catch up to everyone sooner or later. I'm keeping my distance but I read the reviews. Age of Ultron was a time travel mess with Wolvering first murdering Hank Pym, then going back and stopping himself from murdering Hank... and Bendis has hinted that Wolverine and Sue might be a couple... but that pales to Hank McCoy bringing the original X-men back from the past to try and talk some sense into the current day Scott. Now of course they don't want to go back.

Further Fantastic Four Questions...

.....While I'm on a roll catching up with all things FF......

...Q - What happened to Alicia?

Reed invented an inter-dimensional wood chipper and left it in the middle of the living room.  We don't like to talk about what happened next...

Richard Mantle said:

You see there is a benefit to waiting for the trade!

Thankyou Randy!

Randy Jackson said:

Reed invented an inter-dimensional wood chipper and left it in the middle of the living room.  We don't like to talk about what happened next...

Richard Mantle said:

I wonder did Alicia ever get a confrontation with Lyja? That would have been something to read.

You see Mark, that's kind of when my knowledge of the FF gets hazy - I know I've read quite a lot of FF stuff since but I can't for the life of me remember what happened to Lyja - or Alicia - or even Lyja and Johnny's baby...?

Mark S. Ogilvie said:

I wonder did Alicia ever get a confrontation with Lyja? That would have been something to read.

The last I saw of Lyja she was staying the negative zone to think things over. The last I saw of Alicia she was counseling some of the replacements after the skrull invasion. I didn't think that Johnny and Lyja had a kid at all.

Here's a Fantastic Four question: why did Marvel cheat me out of $3? I bought what I thought was Fantastic Four #5, took it home and read it. It turns out there were two issues of FF #5 and the copy I bought was a completely needless Age of Ultron tie-in with truly atrocious art by Andre Araujo. I then had to make a second trip to the comic shop and buy the 'real" #5 (which was quite good). Thanks, Marvel!

! um. Thanks for the warning?!

At least they didn't polybag it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service