Has anyone watched the masterful Fargo TV series? I must discuss if possible...

Views: 268

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I made a comment some time ago about enjoying Mary Elizabeth Winstead in the single-season political science fiction satire BrainDead, of which she was the star. She also has a less showy regular role in the PBS civil war hospital series Mercy Street. I had forgotten she was in 10 Cloverfield Lane, which I haven't seen yet but is on my short list.

I don't remember Mr. Wrench from season 1. One of these days I need to rewatch them all.

At first I wondered why they hadn't shown us how Swango and Wrench arrived at their partnership, but then I realized they didn't need to. Wrench needs a partner who can talk (his original one was killed by Billy Bob Thornton), and Swango needs muscle. Wrench certainly provides that, and much more -- he's particularly good at violence. They make an excellent team!

I thought it was just that they happened to be chained together on the prison transport bus.

Captain Comics said:

At first I wondered why they hadn't shown us how Swango and Wrench arrived at their partnership, but then I realized they didn't need to.

Yes, but there was nothing to keep them together after the bowling alley. But clearly they struck a deal -- we just didn't see it. I think it's telling that Nikki demanded $2M from Varga. I'm guessing she offered Wrench half of that to stick around.

AH, of course. I really like them together. And that makes total sense.

Did you know that the actor who plays Mr. Wrench really is deaf?

Captain Comics said:

Yes, but there was nothing to keep them together after the bowling alley. But clearly they struck a deal -- we just didn't see it. I think it's telling that Nikki demanded $2M from Varga. I'm guessing she offered Wrench half of that to stick around.
No -- but it's awesome!

I just now realized... Is Mr. Wrench the one character (so far) to be in all three seasons? I do believe so.

I think he's the only one so far!

Unless it's incomplete, The actor and his character weren't in season 2.

The character appeared in season 2 as a kid.  It's indicated that Hanzee Dent would take him and Mr Numbers on as his protegees.  IIRC it was in the final episode of the season.

That's interesting.

The series is never set in the year it appears.

Season 1 (2014) is set in 2006

Season 2 (2015) is set in 1979

Season 3 (2017) is set in 2010

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service