Has anyone watched the masterful Fargo TV series? I must discuss if possible...

Views: 465

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep. The scene where Hanzee is given the new identity of Mr. Tripoli.

Detective 445 said:

The character appeared in season 2 as a kid.  It's indicated that Hanzee Dent would take him and Mr Numbers on as his protegees.  IIRC it was in the final episode of the season.

Also, the show is never set in Fargo itself.

Finally caught up in time for tonight's finale!

We just watched 10 Cloverfield Lane, after being reminded that it was a Mary Elizabeth Winstead movie. She got a lot of opportunities to act with just her facial expressions and John Goodman is great as always. I wasn't sure this was a movie my wife would enjoy, but she was riveted. It certainly has a lot of twists and turns. I would recommend it to everyone on the Board.

Looking forward to tonight's season finale!

10 Cloverfield Lane was like a huge metaphor for domestic abuse. The interior scenes were like a checklist. Isolation from friends and family, check. Gaslighting, check. Threat of physical abuse, check. Even the ending (SPOILER), which some complained about, continued the metaphor -- because even when a woman leaves an abuser, she still isn't safe, and still has to deal with the psychological fallout. She has to learn to stand up for herself and fight back.

Ready for the finale. I hope Winstead survives, but Varga is a pretty serious foe!

I'm cued up and waiting to see goes down in the finale.  I wonder who will survive?  It will be sad to see Niki not make it. 

And will Varga see justice? 

I hate to see Burgle and Lopez get done in. 

So much to see as they put a bow on this season.

Word is this will be the last season. 

The word now is no.  But there is no telling.

What makes the show good is why it is hard to put together another season.  The stories are all true and there is some good writing that goes into it.  It is hard to pull it off again. 

Richard Willis said:

From John Landgraf, head of FX:

There may never be another Fargo. Unless [creator Noah Hawley] has an idea for Fargo that he thinks he can make as good as the prior three. I think once people get to the end of this [season] they will find that it is thematically different. It’s really about the moment we live in now.
Mike Parnell said:

What makes the show good is why it is hard to put together another season.  The stories are all true and there is some good writing that goes into it.  It is hard to pull it off again. 

Richard Willis said:

Mike Parnell said:

The stories aren't actually true. That's just artistic license used as marketing.

Well, I fell for it. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service