Hi Guys.

Just thought I'd stick this up here in case anyone is interested.  I'm a volunteer on a radio program here in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.  On my latest program, I did a short interview with John McCrea, who drew Hitman back in the 90s, was involved with Garth Ennis' The Boys, and is currently drawing Mythic for Image, written by Phil Hester.

The program is for a general audience so I don't go into too much depth, but it was fun to do, and there are some good insights into his work, background and approach.

The interview is in 2 parts: Section 1 at around 9 mins in, and section 2 around 43 mins in.

The rest of the program has an Irish slant as it is for the Irish community here in Queensland.  I was quite happy with the show as a whole.  That McCrea is from Belfast, Northern Ireland was my excuse to put him on the show!

Just pick "Irish" from the drop-down list in the page linked to  below and give it a listen, if you so wish.

http://www.4eb.org.au/ondemand

Edited to add:  The full version of the interview is now available on this page.

http://www.cpod.org.au/page.php?id=224

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That's so cool, Figs! I'll give it a listen!

• Cheers Rob. I've always daydreamed about having my own radio show, so It's kinda cool that I get to do this. The show is only available until Saturday, though. Each weeks program  is only up for a week on that site.

• Very nice, Figs! I will give this a listen for sure.

Speaking of which, you turned me on to the SILENCE! podcast years ago. For the last couple weeks on there, they have talked about "Mr. Carter's Maths Class", who sings them into the Reviewniverse this week. (I guess that would only make sense if you're a listener to the show...) Well, I am Mr. Carter, and that is me and my students singing the Reviewniverse song on this week's show. They keep talking about how happy it made them, but it really made me and my math class happy!

• I just listened to the show, primarily the McCrea interview and the front part. Ya done good!

• Good stuff. McCrea tells a good story, doesn't he? I'll have to check out Mythic.

• Loved it, Figs! Great to hear your voice. Very fine work; I'd love to do that as well someday!

• Great interview, Figs! And I really liked the little bit at the end where you explained comics to your co-host, as well!

• Yeah, I think I'll be picking it up during the next Comixology Image sale of TPBs.

Mark Sullivan (Vertiginous Mod) said:

Good stuff. McCrea tells a good story, doesn't he? I'll have to check out Mythic.

• Thanks for all the responses.

I just noticed the day before I broadcast the show that it was Free Comic Book Day, so I figured that was my excuse to geek out beyond the interview itself, and also as a good segue into it.

I had a bad cold that day, and didn't know if my voice would even work once I got to the studio.  The house was enpty when I woke up before the show, so had no-one to talk to to test it out!  I tried talking to myself for a bit and it seemed OK!

• Wow that's amazing, Jeff.  Glad I brought you two together!  I haven't listened to Silence for a while.  I'm not buying as many new comics as I used to, so a lot of what they are talking about would be lost on me.

I'll definitely check out the last few episodes though.

This reply was deleted.