'Flash' Season 5

BARRY’S BIG BAD IS BREAKING NEWS!

CHRIS KLEIN ANNOUNCED AS DC SUPER-VILLAIN CICADA FOR THE FLASH SEASON FIVE

BURBANK, Calif. (July 21, 2018) — After outthinking The Thinker, you’d hope that Barry Allen aka The Flash (Grant Gustin) might have some down time to contemplate his future with his new wife, Iris (Candice Patton). But with their speedster daughter from the future, Nora (new series regular Jessica Parker Kennedy), already grown and a part of their lives, they’ve now got to face Central City’s newest menace — the DC Super-Villain Cicada! Season five pits Team Flash against yet another formidable adversary, the show’s second non-speedster Big Bad, it was revealed by cast and producers at the show’s 2018 Comic-Con panel on Saturday, July 21.

Chris Klein (Election, Oz, American Pie) has signed on as series regular to play next season’s scourge of Central City, Cicada. A grizzled, blue-collar everyman whose family has been torn apart by metahumans, Cicada now seeks to exterminate the epidemic — one metahuman at a time.

The Flash returns for season five on Tuesday, October 9, at 8/7c on The CW. Based on the DC characters, the series is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Todd Helbing, Sarah Schechter and Eric Wallace. The Flash is produced by Bonanza Productions in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.

Cicada

Chris Klein

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Flash returns this Tuesday, October 9.

• Saw it last night -- a solid opening episode, with a spectacular set-piece (that actually referenced the comic it was drawn from) and shout-outs to both Lightning Lad and Ryan Choi!

Also, I loved watching Ralph grapple with time travel. And having their satellite down means we might actually see some detective work this season (giving Ralph more to do), rather than just relying on "the algorithm" as a storytelling shortcut. I literally cheered when they said the STAR Labs satellite was gone.

• I liked that Ralph thought that they said that Harry was "from Earth, too."

• The Flash ring! That was SO COOL!

banana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gif

• It sure was! I cheered so much last night!

• Watching it again, I wonder ... Barry pointed out at least twice that his old costumes were too tight. What's up with that?

Also, Barry goes back to work at the Central City Police Department's crime lab ... and finds four months' worth of cases piled up. Really? They still haven't filled Julian's job, either, so things must really be out of control.

And where's Harrison Wells?

• ClarkKent_DC said:

Watching it again, I wonder ... Barry pointed out at least twice that his old costumes were too tight. What's up with that?

Marriage agrees with him so well that he's putting on weight?

Did they say why he's using old costumes? If they did, I missed it.

• ClarkKent_DC said:

Watching it again, I wonder ... Barry pointed out at least twice that his old costumes were too tight. What's up with that?

Richard Willis said:

Marriage agrees with him so well that he's putting on weight?

Did they say why he's using old costumes? If they did, I missed it.

Barry's costume got damaged during last season's finale. When he went after Gridlock, Nora gave him the Season 1 costume to wear. The next time Barry went out as The Flash, he wore the costume he had when he fought King Shark, which is why he was complaining that it smelled.

Then we got The FLASH RING! WOO-HOO!

banana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gif

• The Wells from last season went home, right? I'm sure we'll be getting a new Wells soon. Can't wait to find out what he's like!

• We also got two future slang terms, "Grife" (from LSH) and "schway" (from Batman Beyond).

This reply was deleted.