Hooboy, am I with you. Now it's

Monday
Monday
Monday
Day with online Happy Hour
D&D Night
D&D Day
D&D Night (perhaps preceded by D&D Day)

I feel like my D&D hobby has totally eclipsed my comics habit.

I remember reading the other day that Diamond wasn't able to pay the publishers money it owes. Sounds like they had little or no cushion if the stores aren't able to pay them.

And now, Marvel has notified creative teams for a significant chunk of their line -- the first thing I saw was "about a third," but have since also seen 15-20% -- to pause working on those books. This doesn't necessarily mean they're cancelled for good...but I'm sure in some cases it'll turn out that way.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same doesn't happen at DC in the coming days.

I just remembered. For the last 30 years cars have had computers that are always running. If you haven't run or at least started any car the battery will be dead after a period of time. I found this out the hard way several years ago.

I went by my LCS yesterday to do my final pick-up for a while. I bought some supplies I really don't need yet. I did pull some DC Comics Presents, a few weeks back. I bought all of those too, to try an help out a little. While the store is closed. Theowner told me his still working from Noon-6 Monday-Friday. They are upping their Ebay game, and having a sale on all of their Ebay auctions. I really hope he can weather the storm.He also told me for the first time in 30 years of business he got a call from Marvel. Just a little phone questionnaire about dealing with pandemic.

I've seen more shops starting to do Facebook Live sales.

Since I mostly tradewait, my purchases haven't really changed. In fact, it's sort of an opportunity to catch up on some Comics Cave items:

• Instocktrades is still in operation, but only selling what's ... uh, in stock, like its name says. I've made a list of what I want that they have listed (nothing after March 25), and will parcel that out over the coming weeks.
  • Ditto Bud's Incredible Catalog. If it's in the catalog, they've got it, and will sell it to you. Again, nothing after March 25 ... yet.
  • Amazon doesn't seem dependent on Diamond, so they are still listing OGNs/collections scheduled for release after 3/25. I have, through amateur sleuthing, figured out what is coming up that I'd like to have, and have made a list. I've ordered a couple of things that would have hit the comics shop on 4/1 (and Amazon on 4/7), and I'll let you know if they actually arrive.

I think Amazon has always gotten books directly from the publishers, not Diamond.

I have books scheduled for April, May, June and August that are still shown as on schedule. Of course, that may change. I'm concerned that some of the printers may not be working.

Amazon occasionally tells me (via email or when I order) that they may not get me what I ordered as fast as usual -- that orders of essentials (baby formula, diapers, toilet paper ... uh, more stuff, I guess) gets priority. But the last book I ordered got here in two days, so I didn't notice any difference. Last night I ordered two more, and we'll see how long it takes and report back.

So far my only comics-related regret was leaving the Flash Archives I was reading at work in my desk. No idea when I can get that back.

I've got one I preordered a while ago -- DC's hardcover New Fun Comics reproduction -- that was originally scheduled for April 14; the date now says April 16. We'll see.  

Captain Comics said:

Amazon occasionally tells me (via email or when I order) that they may not get me what I ordered as fast as usual -- that orders of essentials (baby formula, diapers, toilet paper ... uh, more stuff, I guess) gets priority. But the last book I ordered got here in two days, so I didn't notice any difference. Last night I ordered two more, and we'll see how long it takes and report back.

Midtown Comics is now offering a 40% sale off back issues on-line.

Emerkeith shared this link.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service