Views: 935

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My shop reopened a few weeks ago; for the last few weeks, it's been appointment only, with slots every half hour. I went the first week and this week, but skipped last week...and let my books sit out in the car for a day or so before I read them. A little Car-rentine. 

Next week, they said they're back to business as usual, so I won't need to make an appointment anymore. But they'll be closed Thursdays & Mondays now, instead of just Mondays.  

I asked my retailer today about DC's new ordering process, specifically whether or not we can expect a standard catalog printed on paper going forward. The answer is... maybe. (Apparently the answer changes from day to day.) Initially, after DC's listings appeared in Previews without a paper counterpart, the answer was that there would be no paper catalogs from now on, that everything would be online. After retailer and consumer backlash, they said no paper catalog next month because the situation is sytill in flux, but there supposedly will be some form of paper catalog in the future.

Talking with the owner of my LCS he is just getting hammered by Diamond:

• Right before the shutdown, their sales rep quit. They still doesn't have a new one, so they either have to call Diamond (and stay of hold forever) or email them, and hope they respond.
  • Over on the What Comics have You Read Today? thread, Jeff mentioned reading Brubaker and Philllips new graphic novel Pulp. I asked about it when I was at the store Wednesday. Apparently they are still waiting for 8 copies that he ordered to arrive from Diamond
  • They haven't gotten any of their reorders in the past 3 weeks
  • To top it off, every single Marvel comic he got this week was damaged.

Just terrible.

That's pretty awful.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service