Funny Farm Game

One of the local DJs featured this game yesterday on her "ways to waste time at work" segment, and it's simultaneously awesome and maddening, so I thought I'd share: Funny Farm Basically, it's a word association / mind map game -- you start with the phrase "on the farm" and need to brainstorm words that you associate with that, and if they're one of the options on the map, it shows them. Then, once you get those words, you brainstorm words you associate with them, and so on, expanding the map. There is an endgame to the puzzle, but I'm nowhere near reaching it — it has to do with reaching the four corners of the map, which I'm having a hard time getting to. (Surprisingly, one of the sections that's giving me the most trouble? "comic books") If you're looking for a way to kill time, this is a mind-building way to do it!

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Damn you.

This is what I have so far:

http://shygypsy.com/farm/p.cgi?state=baobaaaaaaaaabacaaaaiaaacaaaaa...
  • Dagwan said:

You're kicking my butt on the poker stars section, Dag! (I didn't look too close at your results, though, 'cause I don't want to steal your answers...)

Maddeningly addictive, isn't it? :D
  • Alan M. said:
    Dagwan said:

You're kicking my butt on the poker stars section, Dag! (I didn't look too close at your results, though, 'cause I don't want to steal your answers...)

Maddeningly addictive, isn't it? :D

You can add my answers to your list. They recommend collaboration at the beginning. They even provide a way to add them when you save.

The poker section was a combination of luck and cheating. I know a few poker player names from some sleepless nights, but my spelling is atrocious, so I googled and grabbed an extra or two while I was there...

"You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

• Okay, I'm turning to the Captain Comics gestalt on this one:

Branching off of "comic books" is a four-word phrase: a seven-letter word, then a six-letter word, then a five-letter word, then a seven-letter word. So "------- ------ ----- -------".

Any ideas?
  • Don't ask me, it took me way too long to think of "X-Men"...

"You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

• Alan M. said:
    Okay, I'm turning to the Captain Comics gestalt on this one:

Branching off of "comic books" is a four-word phrase: a seven-letter word, then a six-letter word, then a five-letter word, then a seven-letter word. So "------- ------ ----- -------".

Any ideas?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
  • You sir, are a genius!

Thank you!

• Brilliant!
  • This is where I'm ending for the day:

http://shygypsy.com/farm/p.cgi?state=niobibaaaaaabdacaaiakaaacdaaaa...

• Well, Dags, given how much I've borrowed from yours at this point, it's only fair that I return the favor:

http://shygypsy.com/farm/p.cgi?state=nmobibaaaababdjccbmapaiacdabed...
This reply was deleted.