I've been enojoying the series and the art and the team up with Wonder Woman. The Batwoman title is I visually great and the story mixed street level and mystical at the same time. It's fun to see a superheroine who really is just starting out and seeing her encounter someone like Wonder Woman for the first time. I liked the end of this arc and the fact that she might try to separate herself from Mr. Bones and the DEO, and I like the cliff hanger with Mr. Bones and her sister. So I didn't really pay attention to the "Marry me Mags" comment and kiss at the end of the issue. Batwoman is gay, the woman she's kissing is gay... seemed natural to me. Kate's been through a lot and she's finally decided to tell her girlfriend who she is (another thing I liked since the slow build up and reveal on secret id's can wear thin after a while) so maybe I didn't the proposal was that serious. So I was a little surprised when the local news did a spot on it this morning. Am I just too jaded or is this more newsworthy than I realize? I'm a romantic at heart, I enjoy a good love story, but I missed this? I know there's been a big ruckus about DC employing Orson Scott Card for a Superman story from people who say he's against gay marriage, I would have thought that would be more newsworthy than this.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Card story has gotten a LOT of play on the news -- you might have just missed the coverage. But I heard a mention of it on NPR, and I think there was a USA today story about it, too. 

I'm surprised there hasn't been more publicity -- and that there was NO pre-publicity -- about the proposal. Maybe DC wanted people to make their own connection, in light of the OSC/Superman story, rather than trot it out as a shield  Or maybe Maggie's answer is no -- which would make any publicity lead to disappointment for people.  

• Ever since the heart started acting up on me I've sort of avoided news coverage. It tends to just get me upset and I'm not ready for it yet.

• I'm guessing that's it, Rob -- DC has a very efficient PR department, so their oversight on this leads me to believe that Maggie will say no. Which makes sense: She's a cop! She's probably having trouble dealing with her GF being a vigilante, much less her wife!

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

The Card story has gotten a LOT of play on the news -- you might have just missed the coverage. But I heard a mention of it on NPR, and I think there was a USA today story about it, too. 

I'm surprised there hasn't been more publicity -- and that there was NO pre-publicity -- about the proposal. Maybe DC wanted people to make their own connection, in light of the OSC/Superman story, rather than trot it out as a shield  Or maybe Maggie's answer is no -- which would make any publicity lead to disappointment for people.  

This reply was deleted.