Wow. From Page Six: 

Wonder Woman” star Gal Gadot is continuing to battle accused Hollywood sexual harasser Brett Ratner by refusing to sign for a super­hero sequel unless the movie-maker is completely killed from the franchise.

A Hollywood source tells Page Six that Gadot — who last month backed out of a dinner honoring Ratner, where she was due to present him with an award — is taking a strong stance on sexual harassment in Hollywood and doesn’t want her hit “Wonder Woman” franchise to benefit a man accused of sexual misconduct.

Ratner’s production company RatPac-Dune Entertainment helped produce “Wonder Woman” as part of its co-financing deal with Warner Bros. The movie has grossed more than $400 million internationally, and Ratner’s company will take a healthy share of the profits. A Warner Bros. insider explained, “Brett made a lot of money from the success of ‘Wonder Woman,’ thanks to his company having helped finance the first movie. Now Gadot is saying she won’t sign for the sequel unless Warner Bros. buys Brett out [of his financing deal] and gets rid of him.”

I say again: Wow. 

"Gal Gadot Will Only be ‘Wonder Woman’ Again If Brett Ratner Is Out"

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ...She hadn't heard of these allegations before? OK, granted, you could sashes didn't have p0wer/juice then " and maybe hadn't heard as much, anyway. And, accusation1p0% = guilt? Granted, Rattner - likely - did something. And speaking of changing with the times, it's been argued that Page Six co-operated with Harvey Weinstein in printing nasty item/s about people he'd harassed to warn her not to speak up. Ares you in the NYC metro area, Clark?
  • It could shift power from the producers to the actors, though that's why many actors become producers.

• Mitt Romney had it right: "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections."

Or, to put it another way: George Zimmerman was found not guilty of the murder of Trayvon Martin, yet he's still dead. Want to tell me nothing wrong and nothing bad happened? 

• Good for her!

• I'm very happy to hear this, and totally behind her.

• It's the kind of bold move one would want from a real Wonder Woman.

• Gal Godot appears on the Today show this morning and says Brett Ratner is out. From Vulture.com: "Gal Gadot Says Wonder Woman Team ‘Echoed the Same Sentiments’ to Have Brett Ratner Fired"

She says Ratner's ouster was pretty much set before word broke of her own holdout.

• That's exactly what I thought. The day will come when Gal Gadot does something un-Wonder Woman like and we will all be disappointed, but this isn't this day. Right now, her character would be proud of her.

And, just as WW would do, she didn't take all the credit -- or any of it, really -- when she won. She said everyone on set was upset, that the crew and cast were all against Ratner's continued participation, and she just spoke up because she could -- but representing the voiceless when she did.

A modesty befitting a certain Amazon princess.

ClarkKent_DC said:

It's the kind of bold move one would want from a real Wonder Woman.

This reply was deleted.