Replies

• I never got into the Joes. I maybe read like 3 comics, and watched just enough episodes to make, "And knowing is half of the battle" jokes.

The previews of this movie look damn good though.
  • really? horse races.

Dagwan said:
    I never got into the Joes. I maybe read like 3 comics, and watched just enough episodes to make, "And knowing is half of the battle" jokes.

• I loved the comics, and was always lukewarm to cartoon. I do like the previews I have seen (even though I am certain the movie will be horrible). Storm Shadow looks really dorky though
  • Ana Canino-Fluit (Anacoqui) said:
    really? horse races.

Dagwan said:
    I never got into the Joes. I maybe read like 3 comics, and watched just enough episodes to make, "And knowing is half of the battle" jokes.

Because the previews look so over the top and ridiculous...that's what sold me. It ain't takin' itself seriously and I love that.
  • I never got into the Joes either, not the comics series or the TV series. The one G.I. Joe comic I ever bought, I bought because Russ Heath was the artist, and I couldn't possibly pass that up; he's one of my artistic gods.
  • I love G.I. Joe and I loved the Stephen Sommers' Mummy films, but those previews make me want to run screaming in the opposite direction of this movie. I've now seen what Cobra Commander looks like thanks to the action figures, and I'm even less inclined to see it.
  • I think the fact that I never really liked GI Joe (it and Transformers are typically loved by fans a bit younger than me), makes any changes the movie makes OK with me. Christopher Eccleston and Jonathan Pryce are in it...love those guys.
  • ...and it kinda makes me want to go to my parents' house and dig out my Larry Hama Nth Man comics...
  • Check it out: a positive review of the movie.
  • I'm so old that the only G.I. Joes I remember were 12" tall and would rust if they got wet (even the ones in wetsuits). Heck, I'm pre-kung fu grip. Also, I'm 50 years old, and I have no patience for nostalgia for eras that I was not a part of (like the '80s and '90s). And I'm also a product of the '60s and '70s, when the military was in disfavor.

And I want to see this movie. Any other excuses? Any one? Any one? Buehler?

So go ahead, soldier, go see the movie -- and have a good time. If I can do it without guilt, so can you.
This reply was deleted.