Just a heads up that on Thursday March 23, TCM is showing Gojira at 8PM EST. I'm assuming that this is the original Japanese cut (subtitled hopefully) as there was no mention of Raymond Burr in the credits!

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...TCM's host spoke as if they were showing the Burr version but it was GOJIRA that they showed . The line I mentioned referencing Nagasaki didn't show up before I fell asleep but there was even more explicit reference to " the atom " .

I had recorded and watched the Orson Welles movie The Stranger , which showed earlier. When it was over, they said that their upcoming movies that day included Godzilla. I think they were confused. I'm going to watch Gojira on Tuesday while my wife is in class. It's not her kind of movie and subtitles aren't her favorite thing.

I just watched my recording of TCM’s Gojira. It was close to two hours. It was supposed to be a 1956 restoration of the 1954 original movie.

The host said it would include sub-titled scenes that were not in the Raymond Burr version and that the scenes that were dubbed in the Raymond Burr version would be dubbed in this version. This was not the case. The entire movie was subtitled and was in excellent condition.

I can’t find an IMDB listing for the 1956 restored version. The 1954 movie listed is supposed to be only 96 minutes. My recording was 2 hours and only the introduction and signoff were added to the movie, so it was definitely longer than 96 minutes. Looking at the versions available on Amazon, it seems like one of them is the original version but there are complaints about scratches and audio problems. I didn’t notice any such problems.

The TCM version I just watched has to be the best one.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service