I've been thinking for a while of doing some reviews of pre-Silver Age features, covering their whole runs or periods within their runs. "Pre-Silver Age Reviews" reviews would be a clumsy title for a thread, so I've titled it "Golden Age Reviews" instead, although I'll be including features from the 50s.

I've done a couple of reviews along these lines previously in the "What Comic Books Have You Read Today?" thread, so I'll start by reposting those.

15/05/15 I've changed the title to "Golden Age and Transition Era Feature Reviews", as I've started another thread, here, for issue reviews.

Views: 1227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's the Wyoming Kid on the cover of World's Finest Comics #42 (1949) with Superman and Batman. He appeared in the title from #42-#64.

The GCD credits Superman here to Wayne Boring and Stan Kaye, Batman and Robin to Win Mortimer, and the Wyoming Kid to Howard Sherman. I can buy Sherman did the Kid, but Superman and Batman look like they were done by the same artist, or at least the same inker: they have the same chin shadow. Compare #26, which the GCD attributes to Jack Burnley and Charles Paris.

Since the Wyoming Kid was set in the Old West, I guess Superman, Batman and Robin took one of Professor Nichols' "trips" again!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service