Good Week for DC?

DC declared this a week of big announcements for projects for 2010. It started on Monday, with the announcement of the Brightest Day bi-weekly series by Geoff Johns and Peter Tomasi. It continued on Tuesday, with the announcement of a second bi-weekly series by Keith Giffen and Judd Winick about the JLI. That also contained a smaller announcement that Giffen and DeMatteis would be taking over Booster Gold. Wednesday brought us the announcement of Gail Simone and Ed Benes reuniting on a new Birds of Prey book. Thursday brought us the announcement that Paul Levitz would be debuting a new Legion of Super-Heroes title as well as writing Adventure Comics. And today, DC announced that the long-waited TItans: Games original graphic novel by Marv Wolfman and George Perez would finally be released. So what do you think? Was this a good week for DC? Are you excited about or interested in any of these projects?

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm most excited about the Levitz LSH news and the Wolfman/Perez Titans news.

What does that say about me? (That's a rhetorical question, BTW.)
  • I would say I am genuinely excited about the last 2.

The first one I am indifferent about. I've never been a fan of Judd Winick's writing, so seeing him on JLI makes me weary.

I don't think anything could get me to buy a Booster Gold solo book. I like him on teams, but don't care enough to read his solo adventures.

I've never been a regular Birds of Prey reader, so you know, it isn't like I'm excited. I do like Gail Simone, so I might give it a chance.
  • I'm interested in all of them.

My budget will probably only allow the Legion books (and maybe BoP), but all of them sound like worthwhile projects -- I'll definitely have a hard time waiting for the trade with the biweeklies.
  • I missed the announcement of the JLI series. I'm a little uncertain about DC having 2 going at a time. While I generally like Giffen's stuff, I'm worried that Booster Gold will become silly. I like the current approach to the character.

I'm looking forward to reading (and selling!) the rest quite a bit though.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

• I stopped reading the JLI blurb when I got to the name "Judd Winick" and had to re-read the initial post to find out what Booster Gold book you guys were talking about. I'd been interested in a Giffen/DeMatteis Booster Gold book if Kevin Maguire was the artist.
  • I'd say it was a pretty good week for them.
    I'm looking forward to Brightest Day the most.
  • Good:

New BOP, and if Benes can restrain himself on the cheesecake, it could be quite good.

Bad:

Sounds like I'll be dropping Booster Gold. I've gone from indifference about Keith Giffen's writing to outright revulsion.

Indifferent:

I've zero interest in anything involving the Green Lantern corps currently.
    Can you go home again with Wolfman and Perez on Titans?
    I've never read Levitz's Legion before, so I dont' know what to think. I've heard it's good, but I've been told that before about stuff that I ended up despising.
  • What I really like about Levitz's stuff is that he seems intent on really tearing some things apart. The trouble (physical and emotional) he'd put his characters in was a large part of the appeal of his run on the Legion, and I'm glad he's intending to keep that up. Being willing to upend the things he himself established shows he's serious about writing the book NOW, rather than simply being a nostalgia act. The interviews he's given make me think he's *very* aware of the nostalgia trap -- which alleviates any fear I had about his return.

And good gravy, that new artist's work is fine.
  • Rob Staeger said:
    What I really like about Levitz's stuff is that he seems intent on really tearing some things apart. The trouble (physical and emotional) he'd put his characters in was a large part of the appeal of his run on the Legion, and I'm glad he's intending to keep that up. Being willing to upend the things he himself established shows he's serious about writing the book NOW, rather than simply being a nostalgia act. The interviews he's given make me think he's *very* aware of the nostalgia trap -- which alleviates any fear I had about his return.

And good gravy, that new artist's work is fine.

That's right. The artist is Yildiray Cinar, formerly of Noble Causes.
  • Jeff of Earth-J said:
    I'm most excited about the Levitz LSH news and the Wolfman/Perez Titans news.

What does that say about me? (That's a rhetorical question, BTW.)

Well, here's a rhetorical answer. :D

It shows that, like me, you're a man of excellent tastes. :D

The LSH and Titans news are the biggest things for me, but I'm interested in all of them at some level. I'd like Birds Of Prey more if Benes weren't the artist.
This reply was deleted.