'Gotham' Season 4

GOTHAM cast and producers returned to San Diego Comic-Con to give fans a preview of the mayhem in store for the upcoming fourth season, and debuted an exclusive highlight reel featuring the first look at footage from the season four premiere, airing on its new night, Thursday, September 28, at 8/7c on FOX. #WBSDCC (© 2017 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Season 4 begins Sept. 21!

• I can't help but post the artwork.

1936888252?profile=originalYep, it's moving to Thursdays.

1936888191?profile=original

• I read somewhere that the kid who plays Bruce Wayne wants to play Damien Wayne in the upcoming Bat-movies.

• I've been meaning to say that any semblance of reality has gone out the window with the Penguin's "licenses" to commit crimes. No matter. I'm still enjoying it. I just don't take it any more seriously than I do the Adam West version.

• I'm enjoying it, too.

The crimes they are "licensed" to commit are illegal at the state level of whatever state Gotham is supposed to be in. If the city police aren't dealing with the crimes the Governor would have state police and/or National Guard deal with it. Of course, Penguin probably paid off the Governor, too.

• From the 2017 New York Comicon:

• I know some on this board have given up on this show, but I have to say it's turned into one of my favorites.

The police department is insanely corrupt, and Gordon is constantly forced into doing things against his own moral code to achieve some sort of justice. And Bruce Wayne is also occasionally faced with decisions where he's forced to choose between two terrible things.

They've sold me:

This is a town that needs a Batman. This is a town that deserves a Batman.

• I'm with you, Cap. It had been in danger of losing me, but I'm glad I stuck it out. It's a bit less over the top now, and it's rich with moral ambiguity, as you say.

• Captain Comics said:

I know some on this board have given up on this show, but I have to say it's turned into one of my favorites.

The police department is insanely corrupt, and Gordon is constantly forced into doing things against his own moral code to achieve some sort of justice. And Bruce Wayne is also occasionally faced with decisions where he's forced to choose between two terrible things.

They've sold me:

This is a town that needs a Batman. This is a town that deserves a Batman.

I've always thought that the creators knew perfectly well what they were doing when they decided to call this Gotham.  Gordon and Bruce may be the protaganists, but the show is just as much about Cobblepot and Nygma and Selina and Arkham and the GPD and and and ... It's about a city that started out pretty bad and just keeps sinking further into madness and corruption, to the point that dressing up like a bat to go out and punch murderous clowns seems like a reasonable course of action.

Also ... When Pyg called up Gordon and asked "Did you know I spell my name with a "Y"?", I soooo wanted Jim to answer "Yes, I read the paper this morning."

1936924348?profile=original

• The Pyg has been a great villain, maybe the best so far. Truly creepy, and his fight with Gordon was genuinely exciting -- and different, something you don't see every day. (As noted elsewhere, the martial-arts fights on Arrow have become so repetitive as to be boring. Freshness is a virtue!) 

If Pyg has competition in the villain department, it might be Penguin. He's a genuinely twisted psychopath whose relationship with both the Falcone girl and the mute boy teeters from sad to sickening. I was telling my wife that when I was a kid I hated it when I'd pick up a Batman or Detective and the villain was Penguin, because I thought he was such a stupid villain. 

Well, not the way Robin Lord Taylor plays him. Geez, it just isn't healthy to be around the guy.

This reply was deleted.