GOTHAM cast and producers returned to San Diego Comic-Con to give fans a preview of the mayhem in store for the upcoming fourth season, and debuted an exclusive highlight reel featuring the first look at footage from the season four premiere, airing on its new night, Thursday, September 28, at 8/7c on FOX. #WBSDCC (© 2017 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

Views: 517

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Ouch"

Ha!

They're skipping next week, returning on May 3.

There's been some interesting Gotham news at comicbook.com:

Jeremiah isn't The Joker after all (here's why).

'No Man's Land' finale will 'reboot' the series (exclusive)

That's right: Season 5 (if there is one), will adapt "No Man's Land," the story where Gotham is devastated by an earthquake, and the feds write it off. And despite our clever observations, Jeremiah isn't The Joker (maybe).

Well, he's not going to be called "The Joker."

Gotham Renewed for Fifth and Final Season on Fox

According the the article: "The Batman origin story will get one final chapter on Fox. The network has ordered a fifth season of Gotham, which will be the DC Comics drama’s last. Said to be 13-episode and eyed for midseason, the final season will focus on Bruce Wayne’s transformation into the caped crusader."

Isn't Bruce wayne still a little, uh... young?

Fans of Gotham can rejoice: Fox decided to renew it for a fifth and final season. From TV Line: "Gotham Renewed for Final Season That Promises to Reveal [Spoiler]"

Interestingly, for a while Gotham's renewal depended on whether Lethal Weapon was going to get cut. Both shows were, as they say, on the bubble, with ratings neither so good as to warrant automatic renewal nor so bad as to merit immediate cancellation. But Lethal Weapon had a problem with the bad behavior of lead actor Clayne Crawford, to the extent that it might have been canceled just because of him. The way out was to fire Crawford, but then they struggled to find an actor to replace him. At the 11th hour, they signed Seann William Scott and gave Crawford the boot.

Had they not found a replacement for Crawford, the plan was to cancel Lethal Weapon and give Gotham another season.

I'm happy for the renewal, but I wish it wasn't a limited one. I think the show has more life in it, but I get that it's playing more and more to a shrinking core of fans.  {sigh}

Now I can just concentrate on worrying about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Bruce seems pretty young to me, too. Maybe they will jump forward a few years?

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Gotham Renewed for Fifth and Final Season on Fox

According the the article: "The Batman origin story will get one final chapter on Fox. The network has ordered a fifth season of Gotham, which will be the DC Comics drama’s last. Said to be 13-episode and eyed for midseason, the final season will focus on Bruce Wayne’s transformation into the caped crusader."

Isn't Bruce wayne still a little, uh... young?

I'm sorry to hear that Lucifer has been cancelled, but I'm glad they're giving Gotham a wrap-up season.

David Mazouz (Bruce Wayne) is seventeen, so if he's playing the same age he'll be legally an adult for most purposes next season. Prior statements about turning everything on its head for the next season worry me. I hope they don't go too far off the rails. Maybe now that it has been renewed they will stick with the existing path of the series.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service