Here's the sizzle reel from SDCC. Discuss!

Views: 312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All this talk about scheduling, and nobody has anything to say about how bat-guano insane last night's episode was?

I said it last season and I'll say it again now -- the more they shovel on the crazy, the more I'm liking it.

I think it's more of a case of there being so much wonderful crazy stuff it's hard to know where to begin.

Agreed! It's completely nuts, and I forgive Jim Gordon for every crazy thing he's done, because in Gotham, crazy is normal. And Bruce is really starting to get traction.

I loved Harvey's remarks about death in Gotham, which echo every fanboy in the country about the revolving door of death. I don't remember all of them, but the one that springs to mind is, "This isn't a morgue -- it's a motel."

Then there's this exchange:

Recently Back From the Dead Jerome: "Where's Galavan?"

Lee: "He's dead."

Jerome: "Who killed him?"

Lee: "Which time?"

Jerome: "That jug-eared galoot is always upstaging me."

I just watched the Riddler promo for the show's return next week.  The fact that this 1-minute tease has me all rev'ed up says something about how far Gotham has come from (what I considered to be) its very "meh" beginnings.

I haven't been commenting, but I have been enjoying Gotham. This week we saw the "origin" of Catwoman, and lo and behold, they're using one of the movie origins. (I think it was the one from Batman Returns, but I honestly don't remember.) It's got a lot of balls in the air, including the Court of Owls, so it just gets crazier and crazier. Fun!

That origin was from Batman Returns, but they don't show her actually being revived yet.

She looks remarkably good for someone falling from that height.

"It just gets crazier and crazier" has been Gotham's formula for success for the last two years.

This reviewer pretty well sums up exactly why I am enjoying this season so much.

Last week's episode left me kind of "Meh" -- Another bad guy loses his hand? And then he conveniently escapes police custody off camera (unless I blinked and missed it)? -- but this week's has me revved up for the finale.

I'm not looking forward to yet another version of Ra's al Ghul, unless he's like the original comics version and wants to save Earth by killing half its population. They told Bruce he had to meet "The Demon's Head," which we insiders know translates to Ra's al Ghul. I wonder if it's to blindside us, and it's not him?

photo spoiler-1.gif

photo spoiler-1.gif
It's been teased that Harley Quinn and the Joker will show up at the end. We'll see.

So no comment on the season finale?  There was some intense moments. Some shootings..I guess that some have not had time to watch this episode yet so I will refrain from commenting till others chime in. Bruce did seem to be a bit confused .. I thought that he would be more focused by this time?

That's the case with me, Joe... I haven't had time to watch it yet. We may watch it tonight, but we haven't watched Doctor Who from Saturday, either. It will just depend on whether we feel like watching a one hour or a two hour show tonight.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service