Inspired by Future Quest, I am soliciting opinions of the following H-B shows. I'm familiar with Jonny Quest and Space Ghost, but I've never seen any of the ones listed below. Which ones can you recommend? Not recommend? All of these are available on DVD. Any thought/commets would be appreciated.

Herculoids

Thundarr

Frankenstein, Jr. & the Impossibles

Mightor

Birdman

Views: 297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

An interesting point about Frankenstein Jr. and the Impossibles was, despite Franky getting top billing, most of the intro was on the Impossibles. It ends with the narrator (Paul Frees I'm sure) yelling Impossibles! Impossibles! Impossibles! As if Franky has been forgotten a l long time ago.

Frankie had a great voice though.

True but the way he got pushed out of his own intro must have really left him in the lurch.

Ouch!

Ronald Morgan said:

True but the way he got pushed out of his own intro must have really left him in the lurch.

Wonderful informative and interesting stuff Commander

Thankyou.

More for the wish list.

Commander Benson said:

Hope this helps.

Jeff, of those you listed, I consider Thundarr to be a cut above the rest. 

Created by Steve Gerber with design work by Jack Kirby it's got o Conan/Kamandi/POTA/Moorcock vibe to it.

So noted.

It's taking me longer than anticipated to work my way through the Pink Panther cartoons. Last night while Tracy was out, I watched the six-part Space Ghost "Council of Doom" story, which features cameos by the Herculoids, Mightor, Moby Dick and Shazzan.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service