Happy Birthday Mr. Age!

So normally my pal Hoy posts these birthday tributes to our standard-bearer, the highly esteemed Mr. Silver Age, Craig Shutt, but as the day has almost drawn to a close and I just now remembered, I guess I'd better get this up on the board soon before the day is completely over.

Every year, as a token of my high regard for the man I call Mr. Age, I comb every garage sale, flea market, attic, used bookstore and comics shop to find the perfect set of comics to give him as a birthday gift, and this year is no exception. Of course, since the whole point is to get these to Mr. Age on his actual birthday, time is of the essence, so in the interest of expediency I've found that it's just as meaningful if instead of sending the actual comic books, I send digital versions of the covers (courtesy of the Grand Comics Database). The thought is truly what counts, right?

So Happy Birthday, Mr. Age! I hope these covers give you many happy hours of pleasure!

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Happy birthday, Mr. Age!

• Lo, there shall come a birthday! I hope it was a happy one, Mr. Age!

Andy

1936091740?profile=RESIZE_480x480

• Thanks guys! I have to admit, Dave, your selection this year is quite creative. I only have one of those comics, which is a lower average than past years. Possibly that's because only one of them came out in the SA. I'm not sure I want to know the thinking behind that selection. You go to some pretty cool garage sales.

The thought is certainly appreciated but, for future reference, it would be considerably more meaningful to send the comics.

-- MSA

• I particularly like the Dobie Gillis cover. Dobie's got a look of sullen confusion on his face, like he has no idea who the woman is or why she suddenly cam up to him and strted jabbering away.

• Happy birthday, Craig.  And thanks to Dave for jumping in on this special occasion. I was really busy yesterday but did manage to get in a late message on Facebook, but that's not the same as making good wishes here on the AMSA forum.

Hoy

• Thanks, Hoy! I realized you were busy, as you show up here on May 22nd like clockwork.

To be fair to Dobie, Baron, he knows exactly who Thalia is and why she jabbers, he's just not sure she's from this planet (or has met his father). A classic SA comic!

-- MSA

• 1936091396?profile=originalHAPPY BIRTHDAY, Mister Silver Age from a Fan of Bronze!

May all your Kryptonite be Silver!

And your Dark Knight a Caped Crusader!

Best wishes for many more!

• A belated Happy Birthday from me! Hope it was a good day.

• Happy (belated) birthday, MSA! I hope you had a good one.

• As a belated birthday present for our beloved Mr. Age, here is a quartet of covers from the current Showcase Presents: Superman Family Vol. 4, which I happen to be reading at the moment. Craig has all these in the originals, so he's not likely to be re-reading them anytime soon, but here's a taste of some of the Superman Family goofiness some of us are enjoying for the first time.

Hoy

1936092148?profile=original1936094577?profile=original1936095067?profile=original1936097103?profile=original

This reply was deleted.