Happy birthday to our host, Mr. Silver Age, Craig Shutt

Even though he rarely shows up to celebrate goofy comics with us these days, we can't let this special day go by without wishing our host Craig Shutt, aka Mr. Silver Age, the happiest of birthdays.

--you pal, Hoy

Views: 435

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Dave, I think! As I'm sure you'd be the first to point out, it's the thought that counts. 

I'd like to celebrate Mr. Age's birthday in as generous a manner as possible

I don't think you need to qualify any of the terms, we just need to keep in mind who we're dealing with. I appreciate that you remembered.

Without giving anything away, simply put, in this particular war movie, we don't win it.

Good job not giving anything away. Spoilers, like knowing this was the first half of a two-part movie, would've ruined it.

Be that as it may, I have moved through the 5 Stages of Grief, and while I lingered a bit on Stage 2 Anger, I have come out the other side at Stage 5 Acceptance. My grieving for the third Spider-Man I've seen in the movies in about a decade is underway.

>>So here are a few comic book covers where all seemed lost, but happily, in comic books at least, death doesn't always mean forever.

As we all know, movies are nothing like comic books. I mean, were Bucky to die in the movies, he'd be Bucky-dead, to use a somewhat outdated comic book term. And, let's face it, the notion that they'd ever kill Barry Allen for real in the comics is pretty silly. Ha ha!

In any event, I'm looking forward to Avengers 4, when Thor, Cap & Iron Man stop the Masters of Evil from robbing a bank and the new GOTG with Vance Astro and Martinex. They should be exciting!

-- MSA

Has it been a year already? Happy Birthday, Mr. SA!

Happy birthday, Craig!

I don't have access to this message board during the day anymore (dang office filters), so I'll be a little late posting here this appropriately Silver-Agey cover I posted earlier today on Craig's Facebook page. to commemorate this should-be-a-national-holiday date.

--your pal, Hoy

Thanks guys! Sorry about those work filters, Hoy, but we do have our standards here.

May 22nd is already National Solitaire Day and National Vanilla Pudding Day, so adding on National Ask Mr. Silver Age Day doesn't seem that much to ask, really. 

--MSA

Mr. SA, belated Happy Birthday.

What Mr. Palmer said! Happy B-Day, Craig!

...Likewise! Despite it all...

Many happy returns!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service