Guess who will have to learn how to turn on a microphone...again?

I start with the local FM station in November. It's much like closing a circle, in that it's the station at which I began my radio career. I'll be on the air every weekday afternoon, and be working in other departments as needed. It's small town radio, so you work where you're needed.

The best thing about it is now being home nights and most weekends. I've hardly had time to spend with J-Boy since I started the retail thing, and now that'll change...a change for the better. Photobucket

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Goood for you, DC! Remember not to say "Mothersmurfer" on the air!
Congrats Don!
Congrats, Don. Now get it streamed online so us outlanders can hear ye.
No prob, Baron, but I'll have to watch myself or I might slip an occasional @#%@$@#$!!. Do you know how hard that is to pronounce?

The Baron said:
Goood for you, DC! Remember not to say "Mothersmurfer" on the air!
Hooray! I was sure you'd get back on the radio eventually.
Sounds like you're doing something you love, which is what we all should be doing...

Best of Luck Don.
Well, congratulations to you, Don! This is excellent news!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Congrats!

"You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

Congrats,glad to hear you'll be back on the air. What genre of music does the station play?
BOOGER!
Like Jeff said, Booger Music. :D

Seriously, it's mostly country. I say mostly because I have pretty much free reign to play whatever the heck I want. Even so, I won't go too far afield; I'll play some pop and rock trash that mesh sonically. A lot of today's country sounds like classic rock anyway, so it'll likely work.
Don Collett said:
Like Jeff said, Booger Music. :D
Seriously, it's mostly country. I say mostly because I have pretty much free reign to play whatever the heck I want. Even so, I won't go too far afield; I'll play some pop and rock trash that mesh sonically. A lot of today's country sounds like classic rock anyway, so it'll likely work.

I know what you mean. I'm not a country fan per se, but for the life of me I can't understand why Shania Twain is regarded as a country artist. Especially after the Up album, where she released it in two different versions, a "country" version and a "pop" version (with a third, "world music" version available for download, if you love those 19 songs that much ... which, I can't say I did). The "country" versions used banjo and pedal steel guitar where the "pop" versions used electric guitar and synthesizers, but they didn't sound all that different.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service