Guess who will have to learn how to turn on a microphone...again?

I start with the local FM station in November. It's much like closing a circle, in that it's the station at which I began my radio career. I'll be on the air every weekday afternoon, and be working in other departments as needed. It's small town radio, so you work where you're needed.

The best thing about it is now being home nights and most weekends. I've hardly had time to spend with J-Boy since I started the retail thing, and now that'll change...a change for the better. Photobucket

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mark Sullivan said:
Don Collett said:
I didn't know how the listeners would take the country-with-a-little-rock approach, but it seems to be picking up an audience; so much so that we may expand that format to other parts of the broadcast day in the future. Unfortunately, the chance of streaming is slim and none, and slim's left town. The fees broadcast stations must pay to stream music are prohibitively high. What I hope to do, once I get all my equipment together, is record a sample hour and post it as a podcast somewhere so you can have some idea of what it is I do for three hours every weekday afternoon.

Thanks for the kind words and all the support. Now I'd better get some sleep!

A podcast would be great. I'd really like to hear the golden voice of Dr. Don!

Imagine Squiggy.... Photobucket
Don't make me come down there, Travis.

I mean it. I'd have to beat up a Boy Scout to get the gas money. :P

I'm not sure I have a golden voice. Bronze, perhaps. Or maybe aluminum.
Glad to hear things are going well for you, Don.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service