Henry Cavill out as Superman

From The Hollywood Reporter"Henry Cavill Out as Superman Amid Warner Bros.' DC Universe Shake-Up (Exclusive)"

From Deadline Hollywood Daily: "Warner Bros. Not Developing ‘Superman’ Movies With Henry Cavill as Priority Shifts to ‘Supergirl’"

Supposedly, Henry Cavill had a "scheduling conflict" that prevented him from doing a cameo as Superman in the Shazam movie. Then the Warner Bros. poobahs think the movie Superman is like the movie James Bond -- they ought put a new actor in the role every few years. 

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• An interesting tidbit in the Deadline story: When they get around to doing Superman movies again, Warners has Michael B. Jordan on the short list. 

• That will make the fanboys pick up torches and pitchforks.

ClarkKent_DC said:

An interesting tidbit in the Deadline story: When they get around to doing Superman movies again, Warners has Michael B. Jordan on the short list. 

• 01053061736.9.jpg

• Re: Michael B. Jordan, I'll believe it when I see it. He's hot now because of Black Panther and Creed, and he escaped Fantastic Four with his dignity intact, but will he still be hot/will they still want him whenever they seriously get ready to make another Superman movie?

• Also, I saw somebody point out that the way to switch actors would have been to do "the Death of Superman" storyline, in which four pretenders show up in Superman's absence before the real one comes back. But they brought back Henry Cavill.

Oh, well ... ! photo supes-1.gif

• Anyone who complains about can be put in a sack with all the fans who are complaining about the new Doctor Who being played by a woman. 

Randy Jackson said:

That will make the fanboys pick up torches and pitchforks.

ClarkKent_DC said:

An interesting tidbit in the Deadline story: When they get around to doing Superman movies again, Warners has Michael B. Jordan on the short list. 

• If they want to keep the new Superman in continuity with the "DCEU", they could easily establish that the new the new guy is from a parallel Earth.  In the current DC Multiverse at least three different Earths have a black Superman.

This of course assumes that Jordan actually gets/ takes the role, and they need to explain how Superman's skin tone and facial features suddenly changed between movies.

ClarkKent_DC said:

Also, I saw somebody point out that the way to switch actors would have been to do "the Death of Superman" storyline, in which four pretenders show up in Superman's absence before the real one comes back. But they brought back Henry Cavill.

Oh, well ... ! photo supes-1.gif

• KSwolf said:

If they want to keep the new Superman in continuity with the "DCEU", they could easily establish that the new the new guy is from a parallel Earth.  In the current DC Multiverse at least three different Earths have a black Superman.

This of course assumes that Jordan actually gets/ takes the role, and they need to explain how Superman's skin tone and facial features suddenly changed between movies.

In all likelihood, by then they probably will reboot the whole DC Extended Universe. Not only is Henry Cavill gone (although his agent is denying it), word is, Ben Affleck won't be back as Batman, says the New York Post"Ben Affleck Out as DC’s Batman Following Henry Cavill’s Rumored Su...

• I wouldn't mind seeing this, but I have to admit that part of it is because I love the Earth 2 Superman's red, white, and blue costume. I think it's one of the best-looking new costumes from the last ten years.

• Ben Affleck has been in rehab for alcohol problems, according to his brother. This may have factored into their decision to replace him. Personally, I've always enjoyed his work. 

This reply was deleted.