I'm wondering why we haven't heard more from these characters since either the New 52, or shortly after. I think there has to be more content out there for these characters...

Blue Beetle (come on, quit teasing...Ted Kord can be Blue Beetle too...)

Elongated Man and Sue Dibney

Fire (she's still out there, right?)

Ice (see Fire)

Peacemaker

Checkmate (characters are too cool not to use)

Rocket Reds (come on, with the current climate? It writes itself!)

Manhunter Mark Shaw

The New Guardians (I have never understood how these characters are in limbo...)

Captain Atom

Jade and Obsidian (okay...how about the JSA?)

Halo (new Outsiders series on the way...make sure she's a part)

Views: 512

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice! Thanks for the heads-up. It's great to know that Ted Kord is alive and active, even if it's in his plainclothes for now.

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

It's worth noting that Ted Kord appears (in Beetle-branded civvies) as part of a super-scientist brain trust (along with both Atoms, Mr. Terrific, and Will Magnus) in today's Superman #3.

Well gosh! You didn't even mention Adam Strange! Loved this issue!

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

It's worth noting that Ted Kord appears (in Beetle-branded civvies) as part of a super-scientist brain trust (along with both Atoms, Mr. Terrific, and Will Magnus) in today's Superman #3.

The Adam Strange bit in Superman #3 was funny, but it continues the character's sad transformation into comedy relief. It's only a matter of time before he barks "Bwah-ha-ha!"

Man, I must have missed out on Strange's last few appearances. I didn't realize he was being made out to be a new Booster or Beetle.

Captain Comics said:

The Adam Strange bit in Superman #3 was funny, but it continues the character's sad transformation into comedy relief. It's only a matter of time before he barks "Bwah-ha-ha!"

Captain Comics said:

It's probably a generational thing -- well, it's almost certainly a generational thing -- but most of the characters listed in the original post don't interest me. At least not as they have been presented. At the risk of offending with my old-guy opinions, I'll explain:

BLUE BEETLE

I don't have any interest in Jaime Reyes, picked by an alien object of power to bear it, like Hal Jordan or Jane Foster. But not because he was fearless or adjudged worthy, but totally at random. Toss in yet another coming-of-age story without anything particular original in it, and this is just not for me.

And this might be heresy, but I've never been big on Ted Kord, either. I was there when Ditko launched the character and I thought, "Oh, Ditko still wants to draw Spider-Man, just not at Marvel." Because he drew the Beetle exactly as he drew Spider-Man, with Spider-Man-type poses and Spider-Man-type agility. Except that Kord didn't have spider-powers -- he was just a lab rat. But suddenly he's got Olympic-level everything? It just annoyed me.

Not to mention, Ted Kord just looked like a slightly older Peter Parker. Lot of similarities with these two characters.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service