Like it says ~ In US syndication , how many syndicated newspaper strips that would be described as " Continuity strips " are still running , including rerun ones ? Also , when did each of them start ?

I will intend this as being about " serious " continuity - Action/adventure or soap opera - strips , generally?? drawn in - Something of a?? - realistic/idealized/heroic-romantic style (Spider-Man , Mary Worth , et al.) , however,  I would also count humorous/cartoon strips that include continuities of some lengthh/depth/" realness " - especially the " down home " humor strips that include occasional " REAL real world " perils (Luanne , FBOFW) - Perhaps they could be separated , however .

So , how many continuity strips are still being offered by Ameican syndicates ~ Including those cartoon/real world continuities ones ?

I'd try to think of names myself but I'm asking YOU guys for help ~ And I'd presumably forget something , anyway ~ and what would be the point then ? :-)

Views: 262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...Yeah , I really meant , more , Luanne and Funky and the like ~ with " real world " problems and happenings .

How old is Slim in G. Alley supposed to be ?

If I didn't spell that out before previously .

ClarkKent_DC said:

My local paper still runs Judge Parker, so that counts.

Humor strips that fit the "narrative" categories are more plentiful than they're given credit for. I would definitely include Candorville, Tank McNamara and Sally Forth.

They are all called "operations" now, not wars.

...To note how they're not declared by Congress anymore ? :-(

Richard Willis said:

They are all called "operations" now, not wars.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service