1. How is the Coronavirus situation where you live? What's closed down? Have you gone out much? Are you (Oh, what's the trendy term now " Self-distancing "?) staying inside as a precaution or actually infected or is anyone else you know? I hope, if so, you're well. Let's...well, exchange comments.
  2.   I am now in Portland, Oregon. The Govenor, and then, locally, Portland declared a state of emergency. I saw the comment made that Oregon was the furthest behind on dealing with CV of the 3 West Coast states.
  3.   I went out yesterday ( Sun.), I am ill and had sleep to make up to-day (Mon.) and ended up not going out - I may go out across the street to a all-nite grocery tonite-early Tues. I have not heard of a regular medical appointment Tues. being cancelled.

Views: 6112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Even Sotomayor denies she is working from home because he won't wear a mask.https://news.yahoo.com/sotomayor-gorsuch-issue-statement-denying-18...


ClarkKent_DC said:

Tracy of Moon-T said:

My friend will isolate the rest of this week and next, so just through January. However, she will not be working with that person again.

It's unbelievable that someone would knowingly put people at risk, and expressly against company policy. 

Like this guy?

From CNN: "Gorsuch Declines to Wear Mask, as Bench-mate Sotomayor Works from Home"

Slate's courts reporter, Dahlia Lithwick, is pretty plain on the topic: "I Am Embarrassed for the Supreme Court"

We plainly have a person who doesn't wear a mask who, on the job, sits next to an elderly person with a pre-existing medical condition that makes her more vulnerable to COVID. The question of who did or didn't ask him to wear the mask is less relevant than the fact that HE WON'T DO IT, on request or on his own accord, despite the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the declaration of a public health emergency by the District of Columbia Mayor's Office, and his professed regard for her and her for him as "warm colleagues and friends."

Some "friend" he is.

ClarkKent_DC said:

No, today I'm afraid of getting on a plane and having my flight disrupted by some knucklehead fighting with the flight attendant because he's refusing to wear a mask. I don't get that. They were legally obligated to wear a mask the entire time they were at the airport BEFORE they got on the plane, so why pitch a fit now?

Case in point (per ABC News): "International Flight Turns Around After Passenger Refuses to Wear Mask: Officials"

This was an American Airlines flight from Miami to London; about an hour in, the pilot turned the plane around because a first-class passenger "allegedly refused to obey instructions to wear a mask and became disruptive, a spokesperson for the airline said."

...inconveniencing 128 other passengers.

My hope is that all 128 of them file a class action lawsuit against the unruly passenger. 

No, better yet, they should all sue him individually. 

Tracy has been exposed. She works in an office with three other people, all of whom approach COVID with varying degrees of seriousness. she last worked with the one who takes it the least serious last Friday. He and his wife began experiencing symptoms over the weekend and both tested positive on Monday. The one who takes it most seriously (other than Tracy) works only one day a week, Tuesday. She was exposed last week but took a rapid test on Monday before returning to work. The results were negative so she came into work on Tuesday. On Wednesday, she began experiencing symptoms and tested positive today.* She let Tracy know, and Tracy left work early and got two tests on the way home.** The rapid test was negative, and she'll have the results of the PCR test in a couple of days. 

*The third person caught COVID early on, pre-vaccine. He had a pretty rough time of it and takes it a lot more seriously now. 

**I picked her up but I didn't make her ride in the trunk.

Why? To make their political point. I hope they are following through on charging these people.

ClarkKent_DC said:

ClarkKent_DC said:

No, today I'm afraid of getting on a plane and having my flight disrupted by some knucklehead fighting with the flight attendant because he's refusing to wear a mask. I don't get that. They were legally obligated to wear a mask the entire time they were at the airport BEFORE they got on the plane, so why pitch a fit now?

Case in point (per ABC News): "International Flight Turns Around After Passenger Refuses to Wear Mask: Officials"

This was an American Airlines flight from Miami to London; about an hour in, the pilot turned the plane around because a first-class passenger "allegedly refused to obey instructions to wear a mask and became disruptive, a spokesperson for the airline said."

Richard Willis said:

Why? To make their political point. I hope they are following through on charging these people.

I suppose the calculation is, they know they'll get kicked out, if not arrested, if they pull that stunt in the airport. But in the air, what are they going to do? 

Passengers these days are required to agree to wear a mask during flight before being issued a boarding pass. They have no excuse. 

Tracy's PCR test came back as "detected" despite having negative results twice from rapid tests over the weekend. Now we have to find out what the difference between "detected" and "positive" is in terms of what to do next. Unfortunately, I had already dropped her off at work by the time these results came in. Yesterday she wore a mask in the office for eight hours per company policy, the same company which said it was okay for her co-worker to return yesterday, because it had been five days since he began showing symptoms, despite the fact he had tested "a little bit positive" (his words) using a rapid home test the day before. (He didn't come in.) 

Just got a call. Gotta go pick her up.

Holy Crap!



Jeff of Earth-J said:

Tracy's PCR test came back as "detected" despite having negative results twice from rapid tests over the weekend. Now we have to find out what the difference between "detected" and "positive" is in terms of what to do next. Unfortunately, I had already dropped her off at work by the time these results came in. Yesterday she wore a mask in the office for eight hours per company policy, the same company which said it was okay for her co-worker to return yesterday, because it had been five days since he began showing symptoms, despite the fact he had tested "a little bit positive" (his words) using a rapid home test the day before. (He didn't come in.) 

"A bit positive"?  Is that like  being a "a bit pregnant" or "a bit dead"?

Jeff of Earth-J said:

he had tested "a little bit positive" 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"Over the extended Thanksgiving holiday weekend, the adults (three couples) usually…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Captain Comics's discussion Does anyone have James Bond DVDs or Blu-rays?
"A good James Bond trivia question is "What is the only movie in which James Bond sings"?…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Commander Benson's discussion Deck Log Entry # 240 An Empty Chair
"Words fail me, my friend. Please accept my and Tracy's deepest and most sincere condolences,…"
2 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"@Peter - I have the same problem; 8 covers left and only 4 days to go. So, 2 a day from me till…"
4 hours ago
The Baron replied to Commander Benson's discussion Deck Log Entry # 240 An Empty Chair
"My condolences to you and Cheryl, and Rick's other family and friends, sir."
5 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Commander Benson's discussion Deck Log Entry # 240 An Empty Chair
"Commander, I have never had a son or an actual brother, but you, your son and all veterans are my…"
5 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I don't think anyone has posted this one. It was my introduction to Strangers in Paradise and…"
6 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Commander Benson's discussion Deck Log Entry # 240 An Empty Chair
"A wonderfully eloquent epitaph. My deepest condolences to you, Commander, and to Cheryl."
7 hours ago
Mark Sullivan (Vertiginous Mod) replied to Commander Benson's discussion Deck Log Entry # 240 An Empty Chair
"Such heartbreaking news! I am sorry for the family's grief. But you wrote about it beautifully…"
8 hours ago
Eric L. Sofer replied to Commander Benson's discussion Deck Log Entry # 240 An Empty Chair
"Commander, I hope that the sorrow passes quickly, to be replaced by the love and honor and warm…"
8 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Commander Benson's discussion Deck Log Entry # 240 An Empty Chair
"My sincerest condolences to you, your wife and family, Commander. Be strong and remember the love.…"
8 hours ago
doc photo replied to Commander Benson's discussion Deck Log Entry # 240 An Empty Chair
"My condolences to you and Cheryl. I can't imagine the grief that comes with the loss of a…"
8 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service