1. How is the Coronavirus situation where you live? What's closed down? Have you gone out much? Are you (Oh, what's the trendy term now " Self-distancing "?) staying inside as a precaution or actually infected or is anyone else you know? I hope, if so, you're well. Let's...well, exchange comments.
  2.   I am now in Portland, Oregon. The Govenor, and then, locally, Portland declared a state of emergency. I saw the comment made that Oregon was the furthest behind on dealing with CV of the 3 West Coast states.
  3.   I went out yesterday ( Sun.), I am ill and had sleep to make up to-day (Mon.) and ended up not going out - I may go out across the street to a all-nite grocery tonite-early Tues. I have not heard of a regular medical appointment Tues. being cancelled.

Views: 5469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The one I use is "Wild Willie's Beard Oil."

Today I was hearing that Long Island (NY) was being hit hard by COVID-19. It occurred to me that Peter David lives there. His wife Kathleen is continuing to blog. It sounds like Peter's family is doing okay, particularly in light of Peter's health issues. They're being very careful.

Yeah, it's weird here.  So far, I only know one person on the Island who has the virus.

Richard Willis said:

Today I was hearing that Long Island (NY) was being hit hard by COVID-19. It occurred to me that Peter David lives there. His wife Kathleen is continuing to blog. It sounds like Peter's family is doing okay, particularly in light of Peter's health issues. They're being very careful.

I have a large beard and it doesn't itch - Well, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm feeling it a little!

Reminds me of this.

Emerkeith Davyjack said:

I have a large beard and it doesn't itch - Well, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm feeling it a little!

"Reminds me of this."

Linus is obviously tripping on LSD.



Jeff of Earth-J said:

"Reminds me of this."

Linus is obviously tripping on LSD.

...I recall an old fanzine (I never saw it) called " Aware Of My Tongue "!

My beard isn't long and usually doesn't itch. My facial hair saga goes like this:

I was clean shaven when "the Army joined me" 52 years ago today. After basic training I first found myself at a stateside assignment in Northern Virginia. Since it was permitted, I grew a mustache. Unlike many, when I later was sent to Vietnam I went back to clean shaven since I didn't want to bother with it over there. Directly from Vietnam, I returned to civilian life and grew back my mustache, and in the mid-seventies had shoulder-length hair. In the late-seventies I grew a closely-trimmed beard, which was all brown. I went back to a mustache in the early eighties. The next time I grew a beard there was a little white in it. Now my beard is all white and my hair is still a little brown, but there is little of it in the front. My "bald spot" has gained a lot of territory.

Last weekend I was shamed. Tracy and I went to the grocery store, and we left our car just as another couple on the other side of the aisle was leaving theirs. We overheard the woman stage whisper, "I'll bet they don't," to which her husband replied, "Wait and see." Just as we were entering the store, the wife said, "See."

Okay, we weren't wearing masks, I admit it, but neither were 50% of the customers there. To be perfectly honest, we don't (or didn't at the time) even own any "masks" (not ones that wouldn't get our photos posted on the internet for ridicule, anyway).

After that, tracy ordered some, and they came yesterday. Mine makes me look like Greyshirt.

My instinctive reaction to people like that would be, "Who the fudge* are you?"

*Not the actual word I would use.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Last weekend I was shamed. Tracy and I went to the grocery store, and we left our car just as another couple on the other side of the aisle was leaving theirs. We overheard the woman stage whisper, "I'll bet they don't," to which her husband replied, "Wait and see." Just as we were entering the store, the wife said, "See."

Okay, we weren't wearing masks, I admit it, but neither were 50% of the customers there. To be perfectly honest, we don't (or didn't at the time) even own any "masks" (not ones that wouldn't get our photos posted on the internet for ridicule, anyway).

My instinctive reaction to people like that would be, "Who the fudge* are you?"

In hindsight, I wish I would have coughed.

 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Here's a character I always thought Neal Adams should of drawn more of. (Image courtesy of the…"
23 minutes ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Misheard lyrics you prefer to the originak
"A friend of mine misheard "tropical drink melting in your hand" in the Beach Boys'…"
50 minutes ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Misheard lyrics you prefer to the originak
"There's a Neil Diamond song, "Forever In Blue Jeans" that I misheard as…"
51 minutes ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)'s discussion DC's Digital Backlist
"As we near the end of the core four Milestone books, here's a look at what's left to…"
54 minutes ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)'s discussion DC's Digital Backlist
"This week's DC backlist! Blood Syndicate 32: By DG Chichester and Denys Cowan &…"
1 hour ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to The Baron's discussion HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (SPOILERIFFIC!)
"Thanks, Jeff. I guess my feeling is, the passage of time will mean there'll be cognitive…"
1 hour ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to The Baron's discussion HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (SPOILERIFFIC!)
"As far as I can tell, you're right -- though I haven't read anywhere near the entirety of…"
1 hour ago
Captain Comics replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Misheard lyrics you prefer to the originak
"I always heard Creedence Clearwater Revival's "There's a bad moon on the rise"…"
2 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Way to keep a secret, Neal! "
3 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to The Baron's discussion How Old Would Comics Characters Be If They Aged Normally? (And What Would They Be Doing Now?)
"Ed McBain took a similar tack in the 87th Precinct series, which spanned 1956 to 2005. Each story…"
3 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Ka-Zar, Conan, and Ka-Zar and Conan"
5 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #37: As I mentioned Sunday, the first issue of Swamp Thing I ever bought, #34, was a recent…"
5 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service