From Marvel Entertainment

Nov. 23, 2011

Marvel’s First Family Reignites in FANTASTIC FOUR #600

The Human Torch Makes His Stunning Return In Oversized 50th Anniversary Issue

New York – “FLAME ON” once more! Fantastic Four #600, available today in comic stores and on the Marvel Comics app, brings the Human Torch back to the Marvel Universe. But, after his dramatic death, how did this founding member of the FF return? And, when one of their deadliest enemies mounts his greatest assault, will this family reunion be short-lived? The answers arrive in this giant-sized issue—with 100 pages of all-new stories—from writer Jonathan Hickman and some of the most acclaimed artists in comics today, including Steve Epting, Leinil Yu and more! This issue also features covers from the some of the biggest names in comics, including John Romita Jr, Gabriele Dell’Otto, Arthur Adams and Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada!

“As befits the 50th anniversary of the team, this is the biggest Fantastic Four story we’ve ever told, from the scope of the story to the sheer amount of new—and important—stories in this issue.” said Tom Brevoort, Marvel SVP/Executive Editor. “Jonathan Hickman, along with our unrivaled art team, have pulled out all the stops for a story that epitomizes why the Fantastic Four are some of the most important characters in pop culture history. Fantastic Four #600 is going to blow you away!”

Then, next week, the story continues in FF #12, from Hickman and artist Juan Bobillo, as the story you’ve demanded is finally told—learn just how Doctor Doom and the youngest members of the Future Foundation will save us all!

Fantastic Four #1 debuted in 1961, kicking off the “Marvel Age” of comics and dramatically increasing the popularity of super heroes. As the progenitor of Marvel Universe, the Fantastic Four set a new tone for super hero comics with its nuanced characterization, reflection of real world fears and progressive depiction of super heroes. Through the years, the Fantastic Four have been involved in many of comics most important & memorable storylines, from the introduction of Galactus to the chart-topping Civil War and the recent death of the Human Torch, which garnered mainstream media attention worldwide. Earlier this year the group was reinvented as the Future Foundation in the new FF series and has been one of Marvel’s top-selling, most acclaimed launches of the year.

It’s the book that has everyone buzzing—check out Fantastic Four #600, available right now in comic stores and on the Marvel Comics app!

FANTASTIC FOUR #600 (SEP110551)

Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art by STEVE EPTING, LEINIL YU, CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO, FAREL DALRYMPLE & MING DOYLE

Cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO

ON SALE NOW!

FF #12 (SEP110556)

Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
Art by JUAN BOBILLO
Cover by STEVE EPTING

ON SALE – 11/30/11

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Quelle surprise! 

The comics themselves are incidental to the marketing these days...

• That didn't take long, did it?

I'm not a JR JR basher by any means, but does that cover look like he started with Reed, and got progressively more bored and less engaged with each character, until he just sketched Sue out and quit?

• I agree that Reed and Spidey seem more refined than Ben or Johnny.  Sue is half way between the two.

Instead of "killing off" Johnny, couldn't they have left his fate ambiguous to the reader?  You still would have the same scense of grief, etc. from the FF because they think he is dead, but we the reader would know better.  The best of both worlds, instead of lukewarm "events" designed to boost sales temporarily.  Ah, I've become so cynical.  Makes me almost regret getting my son interested in comics.

Captain Comics said:

That didn't take long, did it?

I'm not a JR JR basher by any means, but does that cover look like he started with Reed, and got progressively more bored and less engaged with each character, until he just sketched Sue out and quit?

• I'm not a JR JR basher by any means, but does that cover look like he started with Reed, and got progressively more bored and less engaged with each character, until he just sketched Sue out and quit?

I guess so.  The Torch is quite sketchy for someone who has just come back from the dead in a Miracle of Miracles!!!  HALLELUJAH!!!!

The Thing is visibly thinking "I hate this pointless running we do for covers, towards some undefined out of shot destination.  There'd better be sandwiches after." 

JRJR is channelling some kind of 'going through the motions' vibe in that cover.

• Did anyone notice that Sue is "invisible" in the Inhumans variant cover?

• 1936054727?profile=originalThere's a reason for that, Oric. Art Adams's cover is an homage to a Jack Kirby cover from the 1960s, during a time when Sue was on maternity leave and Crystal of the Inhumans was taking her place. Note that Crystal is in FF blue, not her usual yellow, although the "4" symbol is covered by her hair.

• Could Sue use her force field to eliminate the obvious wedgie she has on the first cover shown here? 

That would be horribly annoying in the midst of battle.

• Who wants to bet that Thor's back in the next six months?

But I'm glad to see the Flaming Fool back! Hope he grew up a bit!

• Thor's on the cover of The Mighty Thor #11 in the February solicitations. I didn't look at January's to see if that's when he returned. He's also on the cover of February's Journey Into Mystery, although he looks pretty dead.

• I won't mind it when Thor comes back becauses (SPOILERS...kinda)

They've revealed as of Fear Itself 7.2 that Thor isn't dead.  They aren't pretending even within the books that he's gone forever, so we can focus on the how he comes back.

Philip Portelli said:

Who wants to bet that Thor's back in the next six months?

But I'm glad to see the Flaming Fool back! Hope he grew up a bit!

This reply was deleted.