I get to write about comics!

Most of you know I've been a journalist, mostly as a copy editor, for many, many moons. I did start out as a reporter for a not-even-semi-metropolitan daily newspaper, but most of my writing for the past several years is what I've posted here in various iterations of the Comics Cave.

Late last year, a dear friend steered me to a freelance job writing about comics. I applied, armed with writing samples culled from what I've posted here and kind guidance from some stalwart members of the Legion. They liked what they saw, but asked for an original sample ... then put me on a trial basis. 

So, I am now writing lists for CBR.com. I'm supposed to do two or three a week, and they're on comics, or comics-related movies, or comics-related TV shows. My latest one is a topic near and dear to my heart: "The 15 Best Comic Book Journalists". An archive of my other lists are here.

Of course, I can trust you guys with my secret identity, being fellow members of the Legion. I'm sure no one has any secret protocols to take me out in case I go rogue .... 

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congrats, CK!  Break out the bananas, people!photo mistick_bananaparty.gif

• Hip, hip, hooray!

• Congratulations!

• Congratulations, CK! That's awesome!

• I was glad to see Vic Sage on the list -- though I might have put Spider Jerusalem above him -- and very happy to see Ben Urich score so highly. Reading your piece prompted me to realize that the reason I haven't plowed into Jessica Jones or Daredevil season 2 yet is that a Marvel Universe without Ben Urich in it -- particularly Vondie Curtis-Hall's amazing portrayal -- is just less interesting to me.

• Great! Looking at your list of articles, I realized I had read them all. Didn't they give you a byline before? I certainly would have recognized your name.

• Sweet, Clark! Very good to hear!

• Congradulations, hope you have fun.

• Richard Willis said:

Great! Looking at your list of articles, I realized I had read them all. Didn't they give you a byline before? I certainly would have recognized your name.

My name has been on every one of them.

• Awesome! Congratulations!

This reply was deleted.