I love to draw.  Specifically I love to draw my favourite silver-age covers. I recreate them, drawing them at approximately double the size of the originals (that's A3, or 16.5" by 11.7" for those are interested in that sort of detail).  I have no particular talent for this, but, if I stick at any cover for long enough, I eventually get the dimensions and proportions roughly correct. After pencilling the cover, I then ink the drawings using my Faber-Castell artist pens, and then colour the picture using a fairly large collection of felt tip pens.  A normal cover can take anywhere between 1 and 3 weeks, and it is a labour of love! Highly therapeutic, I recommend it as a pastime to one and all.

I now have a collection of eight covers, and I finished the latest one last night.  Anyone else enjoy the same hobby?

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I once tried out a 'fanzine' re the Avengers -- before I found this group obviously.....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service