"I see you've redecorated a bit..."

I note that several fora seem to have vanished. The  "Sports" posts seem to have been folded into the "Non-Comics" forum, for example. The missing fora seem to have been ones that did not have heavy traffic. I imagine that the rationale was that there was not much point in having the board cluttered up with fora that saw little use.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Completely irrelevant to your post (sorry), but Action Lad and I watched "The Three Doctors" and "The Five Doctors" within a few days of each other last month, and he immediately noticed that that joke got recycled.

Which I never had.

DOH!

• It's also in "Closing Time".

• DOH! (again)

• Good eye! Yes, several little-used fora have been folded into others. Other changes are on the way, which will be even more obvious, but we think will improve the site.

• I like the streamlining BUT (you knew there was going to be a “but” in there, didn’t you?)… I can’t find “This Week’s Comics.” I rarely commented on that blog, but I relied on it to compile a weekly checklist.

That’s my two cents.

• Here you go, Jeff. (What's now the news section used to be the blogs section, so if you dig deep enough, you can find it there.)

I'm pretty sure future editions will each have their own thread in the forum, which'll make them easier to find.

• Thank'ee, Rob!

Didn't think to look there, but as long as I know where to find it I'm good.

• I haven't discussed this with Travis or Tim yet -- they usually post "This Week's Comics" -- but I'd guess they'd put it in the General Comics category from now on, since "Blogs" doesn't exist any more. Wherever they put it, it'll be more accessible than the old ones, which have been pushed beneath "News" in what USED to be the "Blogs" section.

• I haven't been on this board that long, so far be it from me to complain about anything, but I would think, with so many of us ahem more mature fellows coming on here, it'd be a little more friendly to the old eyes.

Since the reply box is in such a small font size and there's no preview screen, every time I reply I have to go back and edit my reply, sometimes two or three times, because I couldn't see my mistake ahead of time.  

Sometimes I don't even bother to reply because it's such a strain on my eyes to use the reply screen.

There's only so far down my nose my glasses will go.

• What I usually do is write my comments in a simple text file, paste it into Word to identify misspellings and syntax errors, then paste it into the "T" option of the reply window. The advantage of using Word or another word processor is that you can make the text as large as you need while reviewing it. The "T" option in the reply window will get rid of all of the formatting, including font size, automatically. This method will also help with the problems some of us have with posting after typing everything into the reply box. You won't lose everything this way. 

Jimmm Kelly said:

I haven't been on this board that long, so far be it from me to complain about anything, but I would think, with so many of us ahem more mature fellows coming on here, it'd be a little more friendly to the old eyes.

Since the reply box is in such a small font size and there's no preview screen, every time I reply I have to go back and edit my reply, sometimes two or three times, because I couldn't see my mistake ahead of time.  

Sometimes I don't even bother to reply because it's such a strain on my eyes to use the reply screen.

There's only so far down my nose my glasses will go.

This reply was deleted.