I note that several fora seem to have vanished. The  "Sports" posts seem to have been folded into the "Non-Comics" forum, for example. The missing fora seem to have been ones that did not have heavy traffic. I imagine that the rationale was that there was not much point in having the board cluttered up with fora that saw little use.

Views: 739

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm talking about the part in the middle of the page not the Top Discussion on the left. Nothing is set in stone as ya'll can tell by the constant changes.

David Warren said:

And the top discussions on the left don't match what the forum is doing. Some of the discussions haven't had any posts for days.

Also, you didn't have to "F5" to see what is new.

ClarkKentDC said:

What happened to the area on the home page that showed the first line or two of the most recent posts? I relied on that to know what threads were new and had the most recent conversations.

Clark, that was removed since it duplicates the FORUM part that is also on the main page. It is higher on the page so it is easier to see. The Activity one you had to scroll down to see it.

Well, it may be redundant with the FORUM, but the FORUM part doesn't give the same information that the ACTIVITY part did. And I always found it high on the page, on the right. 

ClarkKent_DC said:

ClarkKentDC said:

What happened to the area on the home page that showed the first line or two of the most recent posts? I relied on that to know what threads were new and had the most recent conversations.

Clark, that was removed since it duplicates the FORUM part that is also on the main page. It is higher on the page so it is easier to see. The Activity one you had to scroll down to see it.

Well, it may be redundant with the FORUM, but the FORUM part doesn't give the same information that the ACTIVITY part did. And I always found it high on the page, on the right. 

Like I said we are still tweaking (and more) things around here. I've let the other mods know about you and David's desire to get the Activity portion back. Which, honestly, I used myself from time to time.

I kind of liked that function, myself.

ClarkKent_DC said:

Whenever I like a thread I click the "follow" option on that page. On the forums main page I clicked the "follow" option.

I get an email whenever there is a new post to any thread I'm following or whenever there is a new thread created.

This is easier for me, even though it results in a lot of emails.

I had no idea the Activity thread was so popular! I restored it.

I depend on it, just to glance at when I look up from my work.  It's nice to get a little indication of whats being said without having to click through.  Sometimes interesting things are said in topic threads which mightn't on the face of it be my thing.

Captain Comics said:

Thanks, Skipper!

The Baron said:

Captain Comics said:

Thanks, Skipper!

Many thanks!

I was going to add a smilie to the above response, but I see the link to the smilies folder is gone ...

I'm not going to complain about that one. Smilies were a popular feature on past boards, but using them in the Ning environment is rather cumbersome. 

It is still there, Clark. The link is in the Welcome box below the "Moderators" link. I agree adding them is cumbersome.

ClarkKent_DC said:

I was going to add a smilie to the above response, but I see the link to the smilies folder is gone ...

I'm not going to complain about that one. Smilies were a popular feature on past boards, but using them in the Ning environment is rather cumbersome. 

Well, in that case ... 

ClarkKent_DC said:

The Baron said:

Captain Comics said:

Thanks, Skipper!

Many thanks! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service