The success of the WONDER WOMAN movie may make DC revise the character yet again to have her debut not in World War II but in World War I. Stranger things have happened,

But what if they did? It would certainly limit her access to the other DC heroes but not deter it. There were heroes she can still encounter:

The greatest DC hero set in the WW I era was Rittmeister Baron Hans Von Hammer, a German pilot nicknamed "The Hammer of Hell" but known to the Allies as ENEMY ACE! Granted Von Hammer would fight against Diana but if he thought the German people were being manipulated and used, he would help her.

His American counterpart was Lt. Steve Savage, the BALLOON BUSTER, a maverick pilot with a yen for destroying zeppelins! He was later revealed to be the son of Brian Savage aka Scalphunter and the grandson of Matt Savage, Trail Boss!

The only drawback would be the similarity to Steve Trevor though Savage was less refined and more aggressive.

Another choice would be the reincarnating Doctor IMMORTAL MAN. He obviously was there in WW I and he possesses actual super-powers! And he had a villainous "double" there as well.

Another ally may be THE DEMON or at least JASON BLOOD. I'm not sure if Jason was turning into Etrigan during this period but he was surely there and his supernatural knowledge would make him a great partner of the Amazon Princess!

Other choices may include:

• Baron Winters
  • Crimson Avenger
  • Doctor Mist
  • Green Lantern Abin Sur
  • Hendrickson from the Blackhawks
  • I..Vampire
  • Uncle Sam

Next: Some Bad Guys!

Views: 484

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There was Johnny Storm...

Richard Willis said:

Isn't there a character in comics who thinks their identity is a secret but everybody knows and is just playing along?

I guess that's true but I was thinking it was something better written.

Randy Jackson said:

There was Johnny Storm...

Richard Willis said:

Isn't there a character in comics who thinks their identity is a secret but everybody knows and is just playing along?

A thought I'd had was Crackerjack from Astro City, but he accidentally outed himself and I don't think his neighbors knew until then. 

Now that you've said something, there's a tickling feeling in the back of my head...

Richard Willis said:

I guess that's true but I was thinking it was something better written.

Randy Jackson said:

Now that you've said something, there's a tickling feeling in the back of my head...

Glad I could be of service. photo tongue.gif

Richard Willis said:

That was a Saturday Night Live skit a while back: "Clark Kent"

I pretend I'm an adult while everyone around me knows better. Does that count?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service