In Flash 203 we get the startlingly revelation that Iris was born native to the 30th century. They even reveal the year she's presently in (corresponding to her age) where the Flash arrives. Given that the LSH is also based in this time...it's drastically different from how Earth was presented there. I consider this another Earth in the multiverse..where Iris' parents not only sent her thru time but Universal space (shades of Alexander Luthor) even though it was never explicitly said...even though one adventure of the Flash ( with Iris' father had him make sure his (Iris' father) ancestor becomes his ancestor. And the 1st story was written by Robert Kanigher (who we know doesn't care for continuity that much) And Cary Bates wrote the 2nd story really should have known better since he was a writer of the Legion around this time. But Crisis puts both this Earth and the Legion's as Earth 1. What do you guys think?

Views: 635

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robert Kanigher, famously, wasn't too worried about continuity. And Silver Age Wonder Woman felt so different from other books it just felt like trying to connect the giants* and bird people and fish people and gods and dinosaurs that seemed to populate the area around Paradise Island to other DC books was a fool's errand. I decided fairly early on that I was going to consider Paradise Island as being in a magical dimension where magical beings lived, and when WW came to "man's world" she went through a stable black hole or something.

* They had giant everything around Paradise Island, it seemed. Giant clams, giant fisher-birds, giant centipedes, giant phantom sea-beasts, giant human icebergs, giant volcano men and on and on.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service