I'm enjoying both of these titles from Boom! Studios, but I'm wondering if other people are enjoying them and if so, which one is your favorite?

For myself, <i>Incorruptible</i> is slightly better, mainly because I find the redemption of a bad guy more interesting than seeing a good guy go bad.  Also, things don't seem quite so dire all the time. 

Views: 234

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jeff of Earth-J said:
I've been reading and enjoying Irredeemable from the beginning (although I am considering the leap to trade). I meant to buy Incorruptible, but missed it somehow. Now that it's several issues in, I'll traidwait and see what happens. So i guess the answer for me is Irredeemable by default.

UPDATE: I dropped Irredeemable with issue #12 with the intention of someday maybe re-reading it an proceeding via trade, but haven't done so yet. There are two orther Mark Waid series I didn't care for on a periodical basis (those being Superman: Birthright and the "Eat it, Gandpa!" version of the Legion of super-Heroes), but reevaluated more positively on subsequent reading once I had a firmer handle on the direction he was heading. Someday I'll likely give Irredeemable another try, but probably not any time soon.
Eric L. Sofer said:

The only thing about them is that they're written by Mark Waid - so he'll be off them any time now.

Actually, that may not be the case. The difference here is that he's also EIC of Boom! Studios, so he's got much more invested. I'm not saying he'll definitely stick around for the long haul, but I imagine at the very least he's plotted out the endgame.
Detective 445 said:

Irredeemable does have this odd feeling that the story is already over but no one told the writer.

Y'know, that's an excellent way of putting it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service