For some reason, the site is not letting me sign out. Also, when I do post, the usual icons for italics, bold, quotes, etc., are not appearing.

Views: 249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Travis Herrick said:
The Baron said:
The Baron said:
Travis Herrick said:
The Baron said:
To be precise: No.

Well my standard reply if you haven't done it already is to clear your cookies, and temporary files and see if that helps.

I've forgotten how to do that. Well, I won't be back to work until Monday, maybe I'll remember by then.

Cleared 'em today, but no luck. Ah, well, I don't think this board will sink into the sea if I'm not around so much. ;)

I have another suggestion. Do you have access to a clairvoyant and a live chicken?

Not as such.
I wish I had some idea what's going on, Baron. Maybe, as Jeff mentioned, the video content is somehow incompatible with certain browsers or systems. I'd hate to delete all those videos and then find out is ISN'T the problem, but we'll try that as a last resort.

At any rate, I wanted you to know I'm listening, even if I haven't the foggiest idea how to fix it.
Captain Comics said:
I wish I had some idea what's going on, Baron. Maybe, as Jeff mentioned, the video content is somehow incompatible with certain browsers or systems. I'd hate to delete all those videos and then find out is ISN'T the problem, but we'll try that as a last resort.

At any rate, I wanted you to know I'm listening, even if I haven't the foggiest idea how to fix it.

Thanks, Skipper. It bums me out having limited access to the site.
Hmm, well what browser are you using Baron & Jeff? I know Firefox has add-ons that can block flash, video, and various other things that might be hanging you guys up.
Jeff, and Baron, what browser and version are you guys using?

You can usually tell very easily the version by clicking on the 'Help' menu and choosing 'About [browser]...'.

There definitely has to be something to do with the front page content, most likely Flash. In Internet Explorer, you can disable Flash by doing the following:

1. Click 'Tools', 'Manage Add-ons' ->'Enable or Disable Add-ons'

2. In the list of Add-Ons, locate 'Shockwave Flash Object'. Click on that, then click on the 'Disable' button below.

3. Reload the page, and see if that fixes the problem.
I'm using Internet Explorer - I'll give this a try the next time I'm at work - probably sometime over the weekend.
Well, I'll be damned, that seems to have done it. Thanks, Randy!
I'll give it a try on Monday!
It worked for me, too!

Randy, you're my hero!
Jeff of Earth-J said:
Also, for the first time I'm getting "First, Previous, Last, Next" at the bottom of each page instead of actual page numbers. That's going to make it inconvenient to catch up on discussions such as "Time Tunnel," on which I've fallen behind but have made notes on which page each episode is discussed. Even without notes it will still be more difficult to search for particular posts, plus I just like to know how many pages a discussion is running.

I see we're back to page numbers now.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
Jeff of Earth-J said:
Jeff of Earth-J said:
Also, for the first time I'm getting "First, Previous, Last, Next" at the bottom of each page instead of actual page numbers. That's going to make it inconvenient to catch up on discussions such as "Time Tunnel," on which I've fallen behind but have made notes on which page each episode is discussed. Even without notes it will still be more difficult to search for particular posts, plus I just like to know how many pages a discussion is running.

Someone up there heard your prayers!

I'm glad to see the page numbers back too.
Figserello said:
Jeff of Earth-J said:
Jeff of Earth-J said:

Someone up there heard your prayers!

I'm glad to see the page numbers back too.

What they said
Photobucket

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service