For some reason, the site is not letting me sign out. Also, when I do post, the usual icons for italics, bold, quotes, etc., are not appearing.

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey! I see them, too!
What's up with the formatting? (See my "Doctor Strange Masterworks" discussion just posted in the main discussion forum.) None of the italics "took". When I went to start a new discussion, the screen looked like it always has for a few seconds, then "blipped" to show "Rich Text" and "Source" buttons.
Jeff of Earth-J said:
What's up with the formatting? (See my "Doctor Strange Masterworks" discussion just posted in the main discussion forum.) None of the italics "took". When I went to start a new discussion, the screen looked like it always has for a few seconds, then "blipped" to show "Rich Text" and "Source" buttons.

The default entry form for NEW discussions is now a WYSIWYG editor -- no more putting the code in for formatting, just use the buttons at the top. (Replies are still coding-only.)

If you would prefer to do it the old way (putting in the code), click on "Source" on the editing box, and that'll let you manually code your messages.
I'm now busily imagining what WYSIWYG might stand for.

Weasels Yell Sexual Insults With Yuletide Gusto?

While Yasmin Sings, Imelda Washes Your Grapes?

Wolverine's Yellow Suit Inflates While You Gasp?
I'm sorry; I assumed WYSIWYG was a commonly-known term.

What You See Is What You Get

(If you knew that and were just being a smartass... My apologies for being dense and not getting the joke. It's that kinda day. :) )
Good to know. I posted my comments from Word and didn't have time to fool with the formatting earlier, but i went back and fixed it now. (I always thought "Wizziwig" sounded like a Dickens character!)
"Why, it's old Wizziwig, alive again!"
Alan M. said:

(If you knew that and were just being a smartass... My apologies for being dense and not getting the joke. It's that kinda day. :) )

I like the Doctor's better.
Alan M. said:

Don't apologize, buddy. I am a smartass. (I also didn't know the term, but I was too lazy to figure it out.)
I'm not thrilled with the new interface, because it's introduced some new hurdles, especially vis-a-vis art and imported coding. I've worked out some workarounds if anyone's interested in using thumbnails or otherwise has problems with the new tools.
For the past week, I've been unable to sign out of the site. No big deal, I just stay signed on all the time. But this morning, although I am able to post comments to discussion threads, I am unable to post comments to blog posts. When I try I get the response "error on page." I'm thinking signing back on might help, but I can't sign out. (Also, what happened to the "B" and "I" buttons for "bold" and "italics"?)
Clear your Internet cache and see if that fixes the problem.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service