For some reason, the site is not letting me sign out. Also, when I do post, the usual icons for italics, bold, quotes, etc., are not appearing.

Views: 548

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jeff of Earth-J said:
I have been unable to access this site from work since late last week. That is, the site loads, but then freezes; I can even use the scroll bar to move down on the main page. If I click anything at all I get an hourglass and a "(Not Responding)" message. I suspect it has something to do with the new video content on the main page. (Although it could be coincidental, I lost access just after the video content was added.) The site still works from home, but I already sit in front of a PC eight hours a day, y'know?

Anyway, if anyone wonders in days to come why Earth-J isn't in phase as often as of old, that's why. :(

I'm getting the exact same thing now, so my posting is going to be limited to whenever I drag myself over to the library.
Still can't get in from work. Well, I can get in, but the site freezes instantly.
Maybe you should turn the heat up.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!


The Baron said:
I can get in, but the site freezes instantly.

Mine (at work) doesn't freeze instantly, but after one or two seconds. I can usually scroll down once or twice. In order to see what's being discussed, I log on, then immediately scroll down (once) before the screen freezes. If I want to see more, I log out, log back in and immediatle scroll down twice before it freezes. I don't have this problem with any other site. I wonder if there are others experiencing this "freeze" problem who don't have alternate access...? Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this or what might be done to fix it?
Jeff of Earth-J said:
The Baron said:
I can get in, but the site freezes instantly.

Mine (at work) doesn't freeze instantly, but after one or two seconds. I can usually scroll down once or twice. In order to see what's being discussed, I log on, then immediately scroll down (once) before the screen freezes. If I want to see more, I log out, log back in and immediatle scroll down twice before it freezes. I don't have this problem with any other site. I wonder if there are others experiencing this "freeze" problem who don't have alternate access...? Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this or what might be done to fix it?

Do either you have access to different browsers that you could try?
To be precise: No.
The Baron said:
To be precise: No.

Well my standard reply if you haven't done it already is to clear your cookies, and temporary files and see if that helps.
Travis Herrick said:
The Baron said:
To be precise: No.

Well my standard reply if you haven't done it already is to clear your cookies, and temporary files and see if that helps.

I've forgotten how to do that. Well, I won't be back to work until Monday, maybe I'll remember by then.
The Baron said:
Travis Herrick said:
The Baron said:
To be precise: No.

Well my standard reply if you haven't done it already is to clear your cookies, and temporary files and see if that helps.

I've forgotten how to do that. Well, I won't be back to work until Monday, maybe I'll remember by then.

Cleared 'em today, but no luck. Ah, well, I don't think this board will sink into the sea if I'm not around so much. ;)
It may.
Godzilla used to sink into the sea ... but he always came back.
The Baron said:
The Baron said:
Travis Herrick said:
The Baron said:
To be precise: No.

Well my standard reply if you haven't done it already is to clear your cookies, and temporary files and see if that helps.

I've forgotten how to do that. Well, I won't be back to work until Monday, maybe I'll remember by then.

Cleared 'em today, but no luck. Ah, well, I don't think this board will sink into the sea if I'm not around so much. ;)

I have another suggestion. Do you have access to a clairvoyant and a live chicken?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"Jeff of Earth-J said: I'm sure many reading this post will recall fondly Alan Light's…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
""A lot of Golden Age super-heroes really weren't that good." Sturgeon's law…"
1 hour ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"The sad truth is this:  A lot of Golden Age super-heroes really weren't good."
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"CAPTAIN AMERICA: SYMBOLOF TRUTH #2: I've done so well over the years avoiding any comic book…"
3 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"I vividly recall seeing the Fawcett heroes in Justice League of America #135-137…"
3 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"The last day of our George Perez tribute and a couple of more of my personal favorites that no one…"
3 hours ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Dark Shadows
"And now I've seen through episode 607. Barnabas isn't a vampire...yet. But he HAS been…"
3 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Love this very crowded cover by George but again poor Mister Terrific's not on it!  It…"
4 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J posted a discussion

Our Gang

Today is Thursday. If I don't read my new comics on Wednesday, I usually read them on Thursday. If,…See More
5 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"9. "Captain Billy's Whiz Gang!" by Roy Thomas Roy Thomas's chapter deals with…"
8 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Here is a favorite cover partly because I always get a chuckle out of it.  In this story, I…"
8 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #75: Last issue I was left with the (mistaken) impression that Swamp thing had changed his…"
8 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service