For some reason, the site is not letting me sign out. Also, when I do post, the usual icons for italics, bold, quotes, etc., are not appearing.

Views: 326

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Also, in Firefox, the "15 minutes to edit your comment" function isn't working.
Likewise, the ability to delete a comment isn't working.
Dagwan said:
Me three.

Except it works fine on page 2...

Edited to add: no problem editing in Firefox for me.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

Hmmm, now whenever I go sort discussions by latest activity there is know link displayed to click on the replies. I have to go to the first page, and then click on the last page in that list.

Does that make sense?

Oh yeah and it does it in both Firefox and IE, at home and at work....
I have been unable to access this site from work since late last week. That is, the site loads, but then freezes; I can even use the scroll bar to move down on the main page. If I click anything at all I get an hourglass and a "(Not Responding)" message. I suspect it has something to do with the new video content on the main page. (Although it could be coincidental, I lost access just after the video content was added.) The site still works from home, but I already sit in front of a PC eight hours a day, y'know?

Anyway, if anyone wonders in days to come why Earth-J isn't in phase as often as of old, that's why. :(
Have you tried bypassing the main page? I almost never go there myself. I have http://captaincomics.ning.com/forum bookmarked instead.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

The reverse posting--that is, newest post on top--annoys me a bit. It's not a terrible problem but it hard for me to become accustomed to it.
Cav, there was a setting for it, but I can't find it anymore.
Dagwan said:
Have you tried bypassing the main page? I almost never go there myself. I have http://captaincomics.ning.com/forum bookmarked instead.

I did try that, but that didn't work, either, which leads me to believe it is just a coincidence that I lost my access to the site the same time the videos were added. We also got some new software at work. The two might be related, but until/unless the problem is resolved somehow, my future participation is going to be curtailed.
Also, for the first time I'm getting "First, Previous, Last, Next" at the bottom of each page instead of actual page numbers. That's going to make it inconvenient to catch up on discussions such as "Time Tunnel," on which I've fallen behind but have made notes on which page each episode is discussed. Even without notes it will still be more difficult to search for particular posts, plus I just like to know how many pages a discussion is running.

The reverse posting--that is, newest post on top--annoys me a bit. It's not a terrible problem but it hard for me to become accustomed to it.

This

Also, for the firat time I'm getting "First, Previous, Last, Next" at the bottom of each page instead of actual page numbers.... plus I just like to know how many pages a discussion is running.

and this.

I'm not getting that "reverse posting" on the forums (although I would find that annoying), but I did get it a couple of days ago the last time I posted to a blog.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service