I read it today and while I like the mix -even if I think Catwoman is a big stretch- This league isn't being formed as a way to preserve justice or in response to an alien invasion, it's being formed because Amanda Waller and others are scared of the people who've protected the world from an alien invasion. They are scared of Superman and Wonder Woman. In Waller's own words "Wonder Woman has always wanted to change the world. What does Superman do when he starts to think the way she does? Or what happens when this ends between them? Because you know as well as I do, something like this can only end badly. What about their children?"
So no great principle or nobility, No trust, or rather Trust but Verify as the saying goes. In my opinion paranoia is the guiding principle behind this league. What sort of justice will this justice league pursue?

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I wasn't overwhelmed by the first issue. I like the idea, I like the character mix, but I'm so sick of this "decompressed storyline" business.  This one I'll "trade-wait" and decide if I want to look at it then.

• It was the same reason that Team 7 was formed "5 years ago" which Amanda Waller was also a part of.

Are they calling them the Justice League? If so, that still makes sense as it sounds better than Meta Watchdog Squad. Just like Department of Defense sounds better than Department of War.

• The first title was Justice League, this is Justice League of America. I don't know how much of a deliberate commentary it is on our times that the Justice League was formed to defend the world from Darkseid should he ever show up again and the Justice League of America was formed to protect the world from the possible threat of Superman and Wonder Woman's baby... should they ever have one.

This reply was deleted.