Overall, I thought it was okay.  I felt there were too many glib lines, and while there was some mystery, not enough to keep me truly interested.

A handful of thoughts:

* I dislike Skye and Ward from the get-go.  Too glib, too competent, too attractive, too obvious. Total Riker vibe from Ward.

* Was that a Ron Glass sighting?

* Fitz and Simmons feels a little too pushed too.

* There are 50 gazillion heroes and villains in the 616 universe.  I know Marvel doesn't want to pay any extra royalties, but a few familiar names would have been nice.  Hydra? AIM? Scorpio? The Hellfire Club?

* Has the Super-Soldier Serum become the go-to evil plan?

* No good explanation for Coulson's survival.  I was really expecting to hear LMD.

* I'm just not buying into this yet. At the same time, Whedon's got a rep for pulling rabbit's out of hats, so we'll see.

* Oh yeah, the ending made zero sense to me.  Did the bullet not pierce his skin?  Was it a special bullet to fix his condition?  Really hard to tell.

Views: 4206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Coulson could totally pull off that line.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

"Thoughts?"

I had no idea this show was even still on the air.

Yeah, I noticed nobody had posted to this thread in three-and-a-half years. I should have put a resurrected photo res.gif tag on it. 

Captain Comics said:

I think I wrote about this somewhere. My attitude is that SHIELD should tell the best story it can, and not worry about the movies. The first season showed the fallacy of waiting on the movies, in which the show suffered an audience hit while in a holding pattern for Winter Soldier from which it has never recovered. Just do your thing, SHIELD -- we're comics fans, we're used to compartmentalizing different titles that share characters.

Sure. Or to put it another another way, Blue Bloods, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Brooklyn Nine-Nine are all about cops in the NYPD, but they all were on different networks. So it doesn't bother me that the police commissioner on Blue Bloods isn;t the same one on Brooklyn Nine-Nine. And even though Brooklyn Nine-Nine is now on the same network as Law & Order: SVU, I still don't expect any crossovers.

Philip Portelli said:

Have The Snap happen at the end of the one episode then start the next one with, "Wow! Glad that's over with!"

I'd pay money to see that. Someone would have to say, "Gee, isn't is convenient that we all disappeared for five years together and came back together so nothing important has changed!"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service