Replies

• ...Chick is certainly an interesting corner of comics - He issues his comics to forward his beliefs , presumably sincerely held and believing that they will help other people .

Now , his particular Christian religious beliefs conflict strongly with even the beliefs of many other stated Christians...This is the paradox , if that's the word?? , of free speech...

• I was really emotionally traumatized by his stuff when I was younger...so much so, that I saw a Jack Chick comic on the sidewalk a couple of weeks ago and, honestly, had a mini-anxiety attack. 
  • Wait...Stewie being gay is in the Bible?!

• I encountered his stuff as an adult - I have a huge collection of 'em, somewhere.  I could see where a little kid might be freaked out by 'em.
  • Wait...Stewie being gay is in the Bible?!

Yeah, right after the bit about the Rapture being last Saturday.

• ...Yeah , when I saw the subject of Chick I did immediately think of that !!!!!!!!!

Being as I'm across the Bay from Oaktown , too...

• The Baron said:

Wait...Stewie being gay is in the Bible?!

Yeah, right after the bit about the Rapture being last Saturday.

I believe Lev 18:22 reads "Do not give affected dialogue to a child as one does a man; that is gay."

(Personally, I like the panel of the sinister Catholic priest (who looks a little like Norm Macdonald) with the giant, evil-looking Orthodox priest head taking communion behind him.)
  • ...the sinister Catholic priest...

Ah, that brought me back to my schooldays.

And its Irish Catholics that are the most murderous and treacherous too. 

Go us.

• Chick's world is a sad, frightening place.

• Must be that time of year again...

I first came across Chick tracts in the 1970's, when they were been distributed around the church I had connections with at the time.  This was also when I first encountered Spire Christian Comics - as well as the Archie Faith comics, and I'm not sure which of the two I found scarier at the time...

This reply was deleted.