Views: 452

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Personally, I quite enjoy a good discussion of religion, but I generally find that it's not a good idea to do so with people that I'd like to remain on speaking terms with.

Philip Portelli said:
I dislike discussing religion (particularly my own) and the Bible is always a tricky subject. It is perhaps the most powerful book ever written but we must never forget that it was written by men and translated by men with their own ideals, judgements and, and most importantly, agendas. We must find our own interpretations and realize that even the Bible is not written in stone!

You got that right.  The P.O.V. is, God uses one people and one language to spread his message.  In the past, it was the Jews, and now it's English, and by extension, Americans. (insert eye roll here.)

ClarkKent_DC said:

I always figured the view of the likes of Jack Chick and that ilk is that you are just supposed to read the Bible in English and not in any other heathen language.

www.yourmomsbasement.com/archives/2006/11/galactus_is_com.html

What if Stan Lee and Jack Chick teamed up? The result might be something like this parody ...

I love it!

George said:

www.yourmomsbasement.com/archives/2006/11/galactus_is_com.html

What if Stan Lee and Jack Chick teamed up? The result might be something like this parody ...

I remember the first Jack Chick tract I saw, probably in elementary school. My reaction was to be disturbed that there were people in the world whose thinking was so blinkered, linear and intolerant.* It made me sad.

* I probably didn't know those words yet.

Zombie Orpheus is doing an authorized movie adaptation of Jack Chick's 1980s classic, Dark Dungeons!

Yes, the comic-book tract that explained how RPGs lead to witchcraft, suicide, and bad fashion choices* will be an actual film this summer.

The site's FAQ is a masterpiece of irony!

*The final caution may, in fact, be correct.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Superman and his parents BEFORE they became his parents!"
7 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"I can't say about that, but Thomas is on record about borrowing certain aspects of…"
1 hour ago
MethodEng replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I'm almost certain I've posted this one before under a different context, and I probably…"
1 hour ago
doc photo replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"I am a day behind on my reading. Regarding Roy's essay - he mentions a Fawcett character…"
1 hour ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"The hallmark of George Pérez is that he always went the extra mile, especially when he…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"For the ads. 10. "The Second Banana Heroes" by Ron Goulart As with Roy Thomas's…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #76: (The title means "Adoration of the Earth.") The issue opens with the Phantom…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"My only concern with "classrooms" is that there might not be enough of them (we might end…"
3 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Steve:  Here's the new information to update the top-of-discussion index.  Link to…"
4 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Here's the traditional image of Batman with his parents... ...and an unusually different take…"
4 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Little Audrey and her mother"
4 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"THE DISAPPEARANCE OF FLIGHT 412 (1974): "A flight wing of the Air force has been experiencing…"
4 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service