Now that I am completely caught up with Doctor Who, I FINALLY started watching Lost (for the first time, so no “spoilers”!) over the weekend. Three episodes in, I must admit I find myself caught up in the intrigue. It reminds me a bit of Marvel’s Skull the Slayer, but less super-heroey. I’m paying very close attention (or trying to) to all the hints and details. One of the “mysteries” on which I speculated in part one of the pilot has already been resolved in part two, so it’s a moot point.

I expect this is going to be a bit like a 1940s movie serial (but slicker) in that some bits are going to left out only to be revealed later. The hero’s car goes over the cliff at the end of one installment, but we’re not shown him jumping out until the beginning of the next. I’ve already seen that to some extent. For example, Kate is left alone with the US marshal, and shortly thereafter, the other guy shoots him in the chest with the gun Kate was holding. There’s a scene missing!

I like Kate, though. I think I’m supposed to at this point, but I also think I’ve made the right decision. She saved the farmer’s life at the risk of being captured in the flashback, but even more telling, she affixed the oxygen mask to the marshal’s face when he was unconscious.

I do think watching shows on DVD is the way to go. Based on a strong opening season, I watched Heroes for three years only to have it cancelled out from under me with no resolution (rumors of a TV movie to tie up loose ends notwithstanding). What a waste of my time! At least I know going in I won’t have that problem with Lost.

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my rewatch podcast, we just saw the episode where Hurley tells his real name, and is adamant about not explaining his nickname. I waited for an explanation, but never got one. I presume it has something to do with throwing up...

I always thought the people who were kidnapped were people who were NOT candidates. They took children because they could not reproduce, and the other people, the good people, were not broken, were not candidates to take over the island. These people were caught in the collateral damage and recruited to help protect the source, making them the good guys.

The candidates, then, could not be allowed to leave until they were no longer viable alternatives to take over for Jake. But since Jacob was so secretive and list-driven, his people did not have all the info, and were prone to keeping secrets.
Today I got my copy of The LOST Encyclopdedia so I am in an Island paradise of geekdom. It could only be better if Evangeline Lily was turning the pages for me!
Check out my podcast at After-Lost.com for an interview with Tara Bennett and Paul Terry, authors of the Lost Encyclopedia!

Philip Portelli said:
Today I got my copy of The LOST Encyclopdedia so I am in an Island paradise of geekdom. It could only be better if Evangeline Lily was turning the pages for me!
DC released a DC Comics Presents... reprint of Green Lantern / Flash: Faster Friends today, so here's your chance to score a copy of the comic book with the polar bears in it if you missed it the first time around!
That's just waht I thought when I saw it in my store, too!
En ingles?

Jeff of Earth-J said:
DC released a DC Comics Presents... reprint of Green Lantern / Flash: Faster Friends today, so here's your chance to score a copy of the comic book with the polar bears in it if you missed it the first time around!
Si.
Philip Portelli said:
Today I got my copy of The LOST Encyclopdedia so I am in an Island paradise of geekdom.

I bought a copy Saturday and spent hours reading entries at random!

This book is exactly what I had hoped for... and more.

The "deleted scene" that was unveiled at Comic-Con this past weekend.

Funny.
Ha! That's great!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service