Replies

• *yawn*

"Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

• I concur with Dagwan. This will last less than a year. Shooter hasn't impressed me as a writer since his first stint on Avengers during the Korvac Saga.

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.
    Thomas Jefferson

• Maybe Shooter will be editor and not writer.
  • PowerBook Pete said:

Maybe Shooter will be editor and not writer.
    Possibly, but he has a tendency to micromanage, so I'd be surprised if he weren't the writer.

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.
    Thomas Jefferson

• I wasn't that big of a fan of the Valiant version of Turok and Solar, so this underwhelms me. I will see who the creators are, and what the first arcs will be before I render my final verdict.
  • I remember really liking Shooter's work on the Valiant line*, though it didn't last for long. But his idea there was for a tight and tidy superhero universe. Considering how many times he has been burned since then working for different companies, I wonder how much effort he'll put into this revival?

* -- We discussed it on the old board. Another thread I should try to save.

• I'll cop to being intrigued by this announcement. I liked most of the Valiant-era stuff... the early Magnus and Solar in particular... the Acclaim-era stuff, not so much. Shooter provided a unity of vision if nothing else. After he was ousted, the entire line suffered, IMHO. Some titles eventually recovered, but the line was a whole was never as cohesive as it had been in the early days. Hey, maybe this'll mean we'll finally be able to see the conclusion to Unity 2000!
  • I enjoyed the Valiant line overall as well, but the ones I didn't like I really didn't like. I really dug Archer & Armstrong, H.A.R.D. Corps, and others.
  • I'm always interested in seeing these characters again. You can't deny they have potential.
  • My exposure to these characters is almost exclusively the Valiant (VH1) & Acclaim (VH2) versions. I much preferred the VH1 Solar over the VH2 version. On the other hand, I think that the VH2 Turok--star of many video games, none of which I've ever played--was far more interesting than the VH1 version. I don't like either version of Magnus, so that's an instant "pass" from me.
This reply was deleted.