Jodie Whittaker is the Doctor!

Jodie Whittaker has been announced as the next Doctor in Doctor Who, making her the first woman to play the role "in continuity".  I've not actually seen her in anything, but I'm willing to give her a chance. Goodluck, Ms.Whittaker!

1801696496?profile=original

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've enjoyed her in Broadchurch, where she's shown great dramatic chops.

I've liked Capaldi and thought this past season was pretty fun, but I was hoping for a bit of creative casting to breathe a little new life into the franchise.  Even so, I'm still surprised by how pleased I was to see this and how much I'm looking forward to seeing this new spin on one of my favorite characters.  This is exciting! 

• Ditto! I'm not sure why there is any concern about a female Doctor: the character of Missy has already shown how well a female Time Lord can work.

Doctor Hmmm? said:

I've enjoyed her in Broadchurch, where she's shown great dramatic chops.

I've liked Capaldi and thought this past season was pretty fun, but I was hoping for a bit of creative casting to breathe a little new life into the franchise.  Even so, I'm still surprised by how pleased I was to see this and how much I'm looking forward to seeing this new spin on one of my favorite characters.  This is exciting! 

• I haven't been watching much Dr. Who for a while now, once BBC America picked it up I got tired of the endless commercial breaks.  This move looks interesting, I hope it works out.

• Mighty easy on the eyes (a typical male thing to say). Can't say I'm surprised; I suspected Missy was the BEEB's way of dipping a toe in the water. No reason a Gallifreyan can't change sexes while regenerating... "complete cellular replacement" and all that. I'm looking forward to it (although she'll be the 14th Doctor by my count). Her companion could be Johnny Whitaker who played Jody Davis on Family Affair. When does the show return after the X-mas special? April?

• Could he bring Sigmund with him? (Please oh please...)
  • I'm still way behind on Capaldi, but I'm looking forward to catching up and being slightly less behind on Whittaker!

• A first look at the Thirteenth Doctor in character:

1936924691?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Didn't know where else to put this, and didn't feel the need to start a new thread, but filming on series 13 has begun.

• "Revolution of the Daleks" - New Year's Day

TRAILER 1

TRAILER 2

• Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall confirm that they will be leaving Doctor Who after a series of specials due to air in 2022.

This reply was deleted.